1.    #1  
    preader is not working after update to 3.0.4
    Are there any simple app for reading.txt files? I also need encoding so quickoffice wont do it.
    pReader will work. You have to open/close several times, at least that's my experience. The dev is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. Take a look at the bug report (the link is on top of page when you first open).
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply,
    the problem I'm having is that after I Load a book the app resets the next time I open and I can't add any books again.

was trying to look for a simple txt reader
    I have been using Tamoggemon's "Text Editor" app since the summer. It works great: with it you can open and read text files, as well as write them. Before either of the Office-compatible apps got released that allowed for editing, I used Text Editor to create a multitude of txt files that I would email to myself and then convert/add bells and whistles using Word.

I highly recommend Text Editor.
    I just use Internalz Pro
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I just use Internalz Pro
    can you explain how?sorta new to touchpad, when I open it in internals pro it tells me I have no file Handler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle9527 View Post
    thanks for the reply,
    the problem I'm having is that after I Load a book the app resets the next time I open and I can't add any books again.

was trying to look for a simple txt reader
    Have you tried the 'native' version? That's the one I'm using.
    can you explain how?sorta new to touchpad, when I open it in internals pro it tells me I have no file Handler
    You need to set internalz pro as the handler; see
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    download calibre for your pc, convert to mobi, sideload to kindle app with kindle import.
  10.    #10  
    thanks for all the help:-)
    when I open the txt it says file don't exist. Its in chinese, does that matter?

I'll try that kjndle way
  11.    #11  
    finally found the way that works for me! Print the txt to pdf and then read it. Doesn't have to go through any encoding trouble at all
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    Have you tried the 'native' version? That's the one I'm using.
    Unfortunately, the bug manifests with all versions of pReader, native and SDK on TouchPads that have webOS 3.0.4 installed. The bug is actually in webOS and not pReader. That's why other apps cause the problem as well.
    thanks for all the help:-)
    when I open the txt it says file don't exist. Its in chinese, does that matter?

I'll try that kjndle way
    If you're opening a file that's not in English, you need to change the Character Encoding to the appropriate setting. In a book you've already imported, you pull down the menu in the top left corner of the display, select Change Encoding, then select the correct encoding for the language of the document. Near the top of that list you'll see Chinese.

If all / most of your books are going to be non-English, you should change the Default Encoding so that new imports will be set correctly. To do this, from the main (Library) screen, pull down the menu, select Preferences, tap the arrow to the right of Text Display to open that set of preferences, tap Def Encoding & select the appropriate encoding. Pull down the menu & select Back to return to the Library.

If you've got other pReader questions, you might want to drop by the official support thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-homebrew-apps/274511-preader-native-alpha-release-new-post.html