Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    when I first signed my TP into my palm profile it downloaded what I assume were the most recently backed up contacts from my pre 2. Since then it does not appear that changes to my pre2 contacts have been synced over to my TP. I went into TP contacts prefs and hit sync but it doesn't seem to have pulled in any new data. Any ideas? Thanks.
    you could download the patch from preware called "email all contacts" then in the email preferences after installing that patch hit the email all contacts and send them to yourself . then import them to a gmail account . then sign into that account from your touchpad. and you will never lose them .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    touchthatpad106 likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you could download the patch from preware called "email all contacts" then in the email preferences after installing that patch hit the email all contacts and send them to yourself . then import them to a gmail account . then sign into that account from your touchpad. and you will never lose them .
    wow.. Ok thanks for that. I don't have gmail and don't want it, but I thought we were supposed to be able to sync contacts across webOS devices. This will be an utter disappointment if I have to resort to a hack to accomplish this basic task. I mean, there is obviously a sync feature that worked on day 1 so I'd be shocked to find that it was a one time use feature. I dk.... I just don't get HP. They failed to deliver on basic functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    when I first signed my TP into my palm profile it downloaded what I assume were the most recently backed up contacts from my pre 2. Since then it does not appear that changes to my pre2 contacts have been synced over to my TP. I went into TP contacts prefs and hit sync but it doesn't seem to have pulled in any new data. Any ideas? Thanks.
    force a backup on your pre 2, then again on your tp.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    force a backup on your pre 2, then again on your tp. If still no go maybe delete on the tp the email/contact account and re-add it back.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    force a backup on your pre 2, then again on your tp. If still no go maybe delete on the tp the email/contact account and re-add it back.
    I dk if I can do that since the acct I'm trying to sync is is my palm profile. I don't see how I can delete that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I can't be the only one having this problem right?
    you should have had a choice to sync your phones profile to the touchpad when you first set it up . did you sync the phones profile to the touchpad ? if not just do an erase on the touchpad and sign back into your phones profile when setting up the touchpad and sync the phone profile to the touchpad this should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Your Palm profile is different from your Pre2 and Touchpad which sucks. I would upload your contacts to yahoo, gmail, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    Your Palm profile is different from your Pre2 and Touchpad which sucks. I would upload your contacts to yahoo, gmail, or something like that.
    really ? dude you can sync your phone contacts to your touchpad when you first set up your device by tapping sync to the phone profile lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    really ? dude you can sync your phone contacts to your touchpad when you first set up your device by tapping sync to the phone profile lol
    I can't seem to get it to work but I'll believe you. I had my Touchpad before I got my Veer so maybe that's why I don't know, but I know the calendar doesn't sync across (at least when I tried to do it). If it does and I'm wrong on that too...
    which calender ? anythinng saved to the touchpad calender should be backed up as far as i know. but i know for sure if you use the google calender it works great . im not inclined to use calender functions, but thats just me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    my pre2 and touchpad use the same profile. otherwise, how could my pre2 contacts have synced up when I first signed in to my TP? Strangely, even some of my sms messages synced as well, along with my apps etc...

I can't believe this is such an issue. Thanks to all for your suggestions. I left a post on the hp webos support forum so maybe someone there has an answer.
    maybe you should check a few things . first open backup app and make sure backups are turned on. then open the accounts app and then tap on your hpwebOS account at the top . now make sure everything you want to use with that account is turned on . you have options to turn on or off , contacts , calender , tasks , memos , phone , messaging , and so on . maybe something is turned off for you?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I went through the exact same thing when I set up my TP, and spent a long time on the phone with tech support. The main problem is that WebOS is not set up to do what you want it to. Though you only have one profile, that profile is divided into separate devices: phone, and tablet. Now on initial setup you can choose to have your tablet take its info from the phone, but that is where the sharing ends... So much for synergy :-\
    This is, in my humble opinion, a huge shortcoming of the OS. After your initial setup, your phone an TP will no longer update each other for contacts, calendar, or memo information. I was forced to do as another user suggested and migrate all my info to a google account to keep everything synced up. Not ideal, but it has been working so far. I also used the export contacts as a vCard patch. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I went through the exact same thing when I set up my TP, and spent a long time ...
    I had to go the same path and I was told:
    the profile was never designed to allow data sharing. It just allows sharing purchased apps.

What alternative cloud services are available/recommended for sharing data between webOS devices?
    For contacts and calendar I know about Google - but not everyone wants to store personal data at Google.
    What about other data items that are available at the HP webOS profile today: tasks, memos, phone, messaging ... ?
    Is some private cloud implementation available that one could link/sync to from a set of webOS devices?

Regards, Martin - I want to share more than just apps
    It is possible that you could write a service to hold that sort of stuff, and a synergy connector for them . . . just a thought.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I exported all my contacts from pre to one big vcf file like this
    http://www.webosnation.com/export-all-your-contacts
    and imported into google contacts. Set google as primary account for contacts and now both devices stay synced. How you handle elimination of dups (between new google contacts and old palm profile contacts) in the process is up to you.

ian