Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I suppose I shouldn't complain given that I bought my device knowing full well that it had been discontinued, but I like using it so much that I'm jonesing for more cool stuff to do on it. I just can't believe there's no golf, football, scrabble, risk, 1 player chess. I thought porting over games from other platforms wasn't supposed to be that hard. Definitely disappointed in the selection. I don't know, it's just annoying. I have this great device that I love using, but very little to do on it.
    Soul Brother likes this.
    and there was even less on the touchpads launch day and HP wonders why no great sales occured.

it was their utter fail not pumping $$ into app production and dev love.
    Chess HD in the catalog.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    What ever happened to the jet fighter game they showed on the HP event last spring?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    You bought a discontinued product on a platform that never took off. I don't know about you but my expectations were really low.
    yup Totally get that. Just annoying.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Chess HD in the catalog.
    I thought that was 2 player.. Ok thanks will check it out
    I've installed CM7, and after some little problems (had to uninstall/install a few times) with the looping WiFi problem, finally have Android running well, and now have access to Android games. You can also install game emulators and play some older games. There are several threads you can find (search) to help with the installations.

Good luck.
    You bought a discontinued product on a platform that never took off. I don't know about you but my expectations were really low.
    for some of us, it wasnt discontinued when we got it, afterwards tho i feel lucky getting any additions of use tho
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Chess HD in the catalog.
    the other thing, though, is discontinued or not, there are now a ton of TPs in circulation and I would have thought this would spur more ports.
    The N64 emu is the only thing I play on the TP. I can't wait for ICS.
    atg284 likes this.
    I too wish their were more games, sales would increase, developers need to just take a chance.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    the other thing, though, is discontinued or not, there are now a ton of TPs in circulation and I would have thought this would spur more ports.
    Not when those touchpad owners aren't buying apps - and many touchpad owners are not spending money in the app store. No app spending + stupidly discontinued platform = very few apps.

I've already purchased about 25 apps, about half of which are games. Even though I knew I could get almost anything I want though nefarious methods, I bought them to support the authors and do my tiny part to send the message that we will buy good apps if they are available.

Now if they would only fix Asphalt 6...
    Last edited by jayteeee; 11/20/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    When the few decent games that are out there are not available in your app store (or have been porked by the 3.0.4 'upgrade') the only thing you can do is laugh at the situation.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    some of the old pc games here may be worth exploring: people paid $20-$50 for copies in their time:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It would be nice to some newer games, I agree. But those of us who bought the firesale units (myself included) new it would not happen. Gotta say that I was surprised at the number of existing webos games that are not compatible with the touchpad though.

Thankfully there is CM7 which is fulfilling that gap nicely, even if it is a bit of a faff to get some games running.
    It's funny.. Id never buy any tablet for my primary source of gaming if that is all I wanted to do. I'm more into media and a little for business use myself. The lack of endless dumb games that can occupy for a few hours if your lucky a day.. never crossed my mind as an issue. But to each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    I've installed CM7, and after some little problems (had to uninstall/install a few times) with the looping WiFi problem, finally have Android running well, and now have access to Android games. You can also install game emulators and play some older games. There are several threads you can find (search) to help with the installations.

Good luck.
    I've searched everywhere for getting a dang PS emulator, is one available or no?

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    for some of us, it wasnt discontinued when we got it, afterwards tho i feel lucky getting any additions of use tho
    still, webos does not have a great history when it comes to apps.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I've searched everywhere for getting a dang PS emulator, is one available or no?
    There are many available. Here's one site: http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/pax/

Do a google search and you'll get many hits.
    Growler48 likes this.
    I've played a decent number of fun games on -my- touchpad, to name a few:

nova 2
    plants vs zombies
    modern combat 2
    fieldrunners
    minecraft pocket
    sim city hd
    tons of snes games (I finished several jap rpgs I never got around to on my touchpad, like tales of phatasia and dragon quest v, all translated and fun with a bluetooth wii controller)

all of those games and TONS more work beautifully on the touchpad, just not in webos ;-).

unfortunately, the powers that be don't want discussion about the os that shall not be named, otherwise my "new users" guide would already have a nice fat section devoted to getting everything set up beautifully and mostly problem-free (a small amount of tweaking makes it rock-solid stable, similar to how you have to tweak webos for proper enjoyment)... Maybe I'll just do it anyway and see what happens.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 11/20/2011 at 07:17 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast