Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Any reason to update from 3.02? Seems like only potential issues can result. Comments?
    Seems 3.05 is close... so a mute point... waited this long just wait for 3.05. The RC candidate is obviously out so it shouldn't be long now... week or two I'd guess.. maybe less if all is good with rc1
    .. keep in mind this is a holiday time of year, and big corporations tend to have lots of people that don't work much during the holidays.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I updated to 3.0.4, am running UK @ 1.5, and everything is running fine.

I guess I've been lucky, after reading some of the posts about problems some are having.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddreg View Post
    Any reason to update from 3.02? Seems like only potential issues can result. Comments?
    I think you should update. Seems to run much more smoothly. They destroyed auto correct though. You may find that you need to shut it off.

just curious why you haven't updated yet? .4 has been out for quite some time. New TP?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have had a good experience with 3.0.4 like many others, but yeah auto-correct is/was crap IMO. Things seemed to run smoother on 3.0.4 than they did on 3.0.2

Regarding 3.0.5, there no guarantee it will fix the laundry list of issues people are having. I have a feeling it will solve some problems and create more - like all WebOS updates seem to do. Also, I'm wondering if they will be releasing 3.0.5 to the public. Between .2 and .4 there was a .3 version that wasn't made available for OTA updates. This is just speculation but I could see them doing .5 but not releasing it for public consumption and do a .6 release in the future.
    I have seen many problems reported with 3.0.4. I'm waiting for 3.0.5 or the next release, which I hope will fix the problems. But HP really needs to invest testing time, and also needs to pay attention to what the developers have been doing. Like all os's webos does not live in a vacuum.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    just curious why you haven't updated yet? .4 has been out for quite some time. New TP?
    And so have all the problems that came with it! I am also not updating until they fix this mess. I think it sucks that HP doesnt even issue any statements regarding these issues and assure TP owners that something is being done about it (yeah "In the coming months")
    If they have, I never heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddreg View Post
    I upgraded to 3.04 immediately upon receiving my TP. It has not given me any problems. Lucky I guess.

I have not tried Uber Kernel as of yet. I am a bit concerned about the possibilities of problems. I did install a dual boot with Android, however. It also works great!

Note: • As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Touchpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Last edited by old_geekster; 11/20/2011 at 08:33 PM.