Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    <> PLEASE boot into recovery mode and make a memboot backup from there before you mess the device up any further. I'll need that backup from you when you decide to accept my offer later on!
    You need a doctor, or at least a webOS.tar or installer.uImage to be able to do that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    indeed, one has webOS 3.2, the dead one has 3.3

Maybe I can transfer everything from the working one to the dead one?, of course I would make a backup first, still finding out how to do that
    As my experience with HP tells me, the difference in the version number is vital.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    hi~would you like to contact me with PM? I have a TP Go running 3.0.3 and full system backup. If you can connect your TP Go with WQI, I think you can use "send file" in WQI to send the original version of files modified by the IME to your device, then it should be ok.

And one more thing...如果可以的話PM我用中文吧...簡繁體無所謂(雖然其實我平時用簡體吧), 說英文很累啊...T_T
    Great. Since you are able and willing to help, I guess we are all set to start resurrecting this Unicorn.

First, we need to transfer LunaSysMgr ... This is located at "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr"

You can receive this file using WOSQI, for example. henri_p, can copy this file from the broken Go and send it over to me? I would appreciate if aboutblank can do the same.

henri_p, make sure that you backup EVERY AND EACH file I point you at. Keep that copy somewhere safe.

It is highly likely that this is causing the issue. Palm tends to keep the same universal libraries across builds but they change the core programs like the Luna manager quite a lot.
    posts to buy things should be posted in the marketplace forum. thanks.

<thread cleaned>
  4.    #44  
    Hi All,

Please stop posts and PM's for selling those things, I need 2 for myself, the 3th will go to Rod from Precentral, this will benefit everyone and not just one person.
    Rnp likes this.
    Can we have these files, please:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/hidd
    /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    /usr/bin/sensord

/usr/lib/libcjson.so
    /usr/lib/libhal.so
    /usr/lib/libhid.so
    /usr/lib/libhidkeypad.so
    /usr/lib/liblunaservice.so
    /usr/lib/libmjson.so
    /usr/lib/libPmLogLib.so
    /usr/lib/libpsc.so
    /usr/lib/libsensor.so
    /usr/lib/libusd.so
    /usr/lib/libusd_drv_isl29023_als.so
    /usr/lib/libusd_drv_lsm303dlh.so
    /usr/lib/libusd_drv_mpu3050.so
    /usr/lib/libusf.so
    Put them in a single Archive file and upload them to mediafire. I am having problems with Megaupload .
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/18/2012 at 08:51 PM.
  6.    #46  
    Hi Rob,

TP files.rar

one file is not on the touchpad, /usr/bin/sensord

I think if I replace all the files in the ipk with the originals and re-install that ipk that problem could be solved..no?

I got a rar file with 3.03 and all files look to be same datestamp and size as the ones on the TP
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    leo says hi!
    Oh, well...
    Hi Rob,

TP files.rar

one file is not on the touchpad, /usr/bin/sensord

I think if I replace all the files in the ipk with the originals and re-install that ipk that problem could be solved..no?

I got a rar file with 3.03 and all files look to be same datestamp and size as the ones on the TP
    you got the rar file with 3.0.3 files from some friend or do you have some sort of doctor? I am checking these files as we speak. Thanks!

EDIT:
    Okay, I hashed the files I got from you with the files found in the IPKG file. I can confirm that all the libraries that are found in the installation matches the ones you have on your device currently. However, the files found in the binaries doesn't match. It is quite confusing. We need more leads.

We need to hash the original files and figure out what has changed and what hasn't.

You can use a program called HashMyFiles. Hash the files you got from your TPG and the original files in the rar files. Moreover, can you upload the original files so I can take a look at them. Thanks.

EDIT2:
    Hi Rob,

I am not sure if the question is directed at me since you mention "Rob", however, I will try to answer it .

In theory, this is what we are trying to do; however, we want to be careful about this as we don't have the doctor available. Therefore, we need to compare the files and see what were replaced and confirm that they are the root-cause of the semi-brick. Then and only then, we can proceed with the replacement. As you have said before, this is a testing device, so you don't know if the files on any other testing device can match.

EDIT3:
    Before I forget. The IPKG defines two services. We might want to disable them. Go to Linux Commandline and type the following:
    Code:
    initctl list
    Look for the following services or anything close to them:
    Code:
    com.baidu.ime
    com.palm.sensord
    Regards,
    Last edited by CvvB; 11/25/2011 at 06:08 AM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    you got the rar file with 3.0.3 files from some friend or do you have some sort of doctor? I am checking these files as we speak. Thanks!

We need to hash the original files and figure out what has changed and what hasn't.

You can use a program called HashMyFiles. Hash the files you got from your TPG and the original files in the rar files. Moreover, can you upload the original files so I can take a look at them. Thanks.

EDIT3:
    Before I forget. The IPKG defines two services. We might want to disable them. Go to Linux Commandline and type the following:
    Code:
    initctl list
    Look for the following services or anything close to them:
    Code:
    com.baidu.ime
    com.palm.sensord
    Regards,
    Those service were not running.

I did the following, extracted the ipk in Linux, and then replaced ever file mentioned in that IPK with files from the tarball I got, for some I had to stop the appropriate service, such as hidd and LunaSysMgr , but in the end I have a working system !! ( I might have copied more than needed..)

weird thing is that I have an associated webOS account now with a name I don't know, however impostah too care of this and it's under my name now !, I remember that it use to be "Dr skipped firstuse"
    Congratulations!

See.. NO Unicorns were 'killed' in the sending of these messages!

Dr Skipped Firstuse is what you see for your palm profile when you bypass activation on a device. The OS is dependent on a profile being present, so it has a default.

Glad to hear your device has been resurrected. I was almost sure it was a lost cause.
  12.    #52  
    Yeah !, happy.

Only issue still is the rotation, but i'm sure i'll figure it out in the end.
    I by the way dropped my idea of installing Android on them, webOS is a rocksolid thing, even if you screw it totally up ;-)
    Yeah !, happy.

Only issue still is the rotation, but i'm sure i'll figure it out in the end.
    I by the way dropped my idea of installing Android on them, webOS is a rocksolid thing, even if you screw it totally up ;-)
    Glad to hear that.

Congratulation!

What do you mean by the rotation? you mean automatic rotation of the screen orientation?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Glad to hear that.

Congratulation!

What do you mean by the rotation? you mean automatic rotation of the screen orientation?
    A restart solved it...

problem SOLVED
    A restart solved it...

problem SOLVED
    Should we start the fireworks? !

"Go!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CvvB and mk_cn like this.
    这个问题 我也遇到了 我是替换了那个 LunaSysMgr 文件进去的 然后能开机了 但是 触摸屏幕失灵了,而且,据我息分析 好象我换不了 因为我技术有限,好象一直替换不成,用WQI搞的,现在我觉得 要找到跟自己机器型号匹配的ROM 刷进去 就OK了。

<Google translation added by staff>
    I also encountered this problem I replaced that LunaSysMgr files in it and then boot up but the touch screen failure, according to my information analysis, if I can not replace because I have limited technology, seems to have been replaced not a WQI engage, and now I feel the need to find the brush into the ROM match with their own machine model on the OK.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/05/2012 at 12:27 PM.
    bluenote likes this.
    My situation: I have successfully change into that filethat can boot, but screen out of order, touch screen does not workto display there is no problem. In addition, my version is 3.0.4 of the native Chinese.I have no way! ! ! ! ! !
    You call to shout, no one is willing to original 302 Chinese ROM? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    网精不让发
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast