Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #21  
    If you know HP then you know that they do extensive testing, the one i have is an EVT3 sample, meaning there must be more than 1000 EVT1, 2, 3 combined.

I will have 2 or 3 extra, besides this I have also the 9.7" with 3G feature (ATT build) which apparently also did not arrive on the market.

I live in Taiwan, it's a small interesting world here ;-)
  2.    #22  
    Is there a way to make a total backup of one device and place it back onto the bricked one? I have one working 7" now, but it has 3.2 OS , the second 7" unfortunately has Android on it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henri_p; 11/23/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by henri_p View Post
    Is there a way to make a total backup of one device and place it back onto the bricked one? I have one working 7" now, but it has 3.2 OS , the second 7" unfortunately has Android on it
    Not only do you have an unicorn, you have a whole stable of them. Thanks for sharing. Very cool to see what could have been.
    damn damn damn, the more I read about how close HP was to launching the TP Go, the more ****ed I get at Apothe****er. It seems like everything was done, all that was left to do was manufacture and sell them!

It may well be true that it was correct for HP to quit making webOS hardware, but they should have launched their ready-to-go products first, then if the numbers really weren't there after the holiday season they could have stopped further development and looked for someone to purchase or license webOS. Even worse, it's apparently true that in large part what happened on August 18th and in the following days was a panicked over-reaction to some news leaking to Bloomberg. A competent CEO would have done damage-control on the leak rather than dumping a gas can and lighting a match. How does a guy like that get in that far over his head?
  5.    #25  
    Let me make you guys a little more jealous...

One of them has even an SD card slot !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rnp likes this.
    Q: "..How does a guy like that get in that far over his head?.."

A: Ego + fear!

~~~

Nice to see these little 7" Beasties coming out of hiding though.

What's the answer to OP's #22 anyway?

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    henri_p, i'll be back in tw in december. Could you hook me up with a device as well?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    henri_p, i'll be back in tw in december. Could you hook me up with a device as well?
    I'll try to get a couple more, however I cannot know in advance what versions they will be.. if it's an Android one, then you will have to find a way to flash them
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Q: "..How does a guy like that get in that far over his head?.."

A: Ego + fear!

~~~

Nice to see these little 7" Beasties coming out of hiding though.

What's the answer to OP's #22 anyway?

Yeah, I've been googling, trying.. and got nowhere basically, will try later at home too
    Yeah, I've been googling, trying.. and got nowhere basically, will try later at home too
    Yes.. so if the hardware on both/all units is identical, there is still hope?
    As far as I understood, the second one has webOS 3.0.2? Correct?
    Can you copy LunaSysMgr and send it to me from "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr".

The damage seems to even touch the LunaSysMgr. Can you take a hold of a TouchPad Go with webOS 3.0.3 anywhere? We need to take some backups!
  13.    #33  
    indeed, one has webOS 3.2, the dead one has 3.3

Maybe I can transfer everything from the working one to the dead one?, of course I would make a backup first, still finding out how to do that
    oh my you got a HP TouchpadGO. *crosses fingers for Meg to revive webOS*
    Let me make you guys a little more jealous...

One of them has even an SD card slot !!
    WHAT???!!##S90W90E8R0WE80RI-WR-WE0?????

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Basically, this touchpad go gave me only 2 choices, English and Spanish ...
    Eeeek! Then, how much would you ask for it, plus shipping to Spain?

(I'm amazed, I thought this device was mainly for conquering China)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

I thought Spain had run out of Money?

(Yeah, but many of the other few Billion speak Spanish!)

hi~would you like to contact me with PM? I have a TP Go running 3.0.3 and full system backup. If you can connect your TP Go with WQI, I think you can use "send file" in WQI to send the original version of files modified by the IME to your device, then it should be ok.

And one more thing...如果可以的話PM我用中文吧...簡繁體無所謂(雖然其實我平時用簡體吧), 說英文很累啊...T_T
    indeed, one has webOS 3.2, the dead one has 3.3

Maybe I can transfer everything from the working one to the dead one?, of course I would make a backup first, still finding out how to do that
    search memboot backup

There's a couple threads, one in the Veer threads discussing webOS 2.2.3 and another in the pixi threads discussing webOS 2.1.

- you'll do a memboot backup of the working device,
    - then take the tar files created by the memboot backup process and enlist the help of NuttyBunny and Herrie to create an image you'll use to flash the device giving you grief. I think its still premature to rush into flashing the device Keep in mind there are no doctors for them yet.

Since CvvB is willing to dig deeper with you and trying to come up with a fix, that'd be better than flashing the device without any guarantee it was going to work. Worst case scenario: you're left with a bricked TP.

In case you'd like to plan ahead e to flash it later, you can go ahead and create a memboot backup of the working device. Then you'll have it ready in case you need it later on.

Reflashing should be your last resort.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

Everybody, PLEASE stop pestering the OP to sell the devices. He only has access to one or two extras. Rod Whitby and I already have dibs on them, and are the first one's in line to get them, when and "IF" they do become available.

Its also important that we remain focused on helping the OP ressurrect his non-working Touchpad GO without getting sidetracked in here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast