1.    #1  
    The biggest reason I bought it was to connect to my Veer. (BTW I love my Veer) Wow was I disappointed to find the only thing I could do was answer a phone call from my TP to my Veer and nothing else.

While trying to get the TP to work in USB mode it rebooted on its own. Then it erased all my apps and settings.
    Also, when I have photos in email, (the only way I can get them on my TP because USB won't work). When I open the photo in email and "copy to Photos, it says sent to photos up in the title bar but nothing ever appears in the photo folder.

I really like this tablet but the more I use it the more I realize how limited it is. No connectivity, no printing unless you have one of the few printers |HP allowed to hook to it, no torrent use....etc. My tiny little Veer is more user friendly.

I would like to Doctor it but neither PC I plug it into see it.
    What to do next?
    Doctor download available here.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Instructions how to use it here.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Doctor it. Your windows should detect it when TP ready on flash mode. Maybe you can find some clue here how to make it become flash mode on TP. I never doctor my TP, so I haven't test if it is same with Pre button. Hold volume down, and press power until you see big usb logo. I think your problem was in TP storage, if it is not hardware failure, then doctor should fix it, or you can try first full erase including TP storage, lets see what happen, but be sure no important data in there before you wipe out.

edit: sledge007 already post better then me ... Sorry typing on TP was too slow
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    The biggest reason I bought it was to connect to my Veer. (BTW I love my Veer) Wow was I disappointed to find the only thing I could do was answer a phone call from my TP to my Veer and nothing else.

While trying to get the TP to work in USB mode it rebooted on its own. Then it erased all my apps and settings.
    Also, when I have photos in email, (the only way I can get them on my TP because USB won't work). When I open the photo in email and "copy to Photos, it says sent to photos up in the title bar but nothing ever appears in the photo folder.

I really like this tablet but the more I use it the more I realize how limited it is. No connectivity, no printing unless you have one of the few printers |HP allowed to hook to it, no torrent use....etc. My tiny little Veer is more user friendly.

I would like to Doctor it but neither PC I plug it into see it.
    What to do next?
    Agreed, Dr. it.. you'll be fine (links above).

Look on the homebrew thread.. there is a app to run on any PC allowing you to print to ANY printer.. works great. Just a small app in the system tray. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-solution.html
    get NEATO! App and clipboard app and you can send any piece of text you paste to clipboard to
    your pc
  6.    #6  
    Ok Dr.d it but still no USB. :'(
    Apps are back but showing a blue circle beside each icon but none will work. :-O
    Photos I saved from email all showed up in photo app. :-)
    Now where to go from here?
    Apps are back but showing a blue circle beside each icon but none will work. :-O
    I'm pretty sure your describing the state prior to being downloaded and installed again. Need inet for that, and a little patience. The usb not working, describe.. does the PC not see it at all or does the device not see the PC? using the right cord? does it give you two choices when you connect? Does your pc pick up usb drive? Can you connect using webosquickinstall w/ novacom installed?
    # 1 what are you doing to try to get the usb mode to work? are you clicking on usb mode? is it coming up on the tpad but nothing on the computer?

try turning on dev mode -- try it on a different computer --try a different cable-- download and install webos quick install and see if it helps you get the correct novicom version. I would say that unless the usb port on the TP is borked there is an issue in your set up -- you will just have to be stolid and find it if you truly want to use this device.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    That sucks, I have not had any of these issues with my tp.
  10.    #10  
    Now Dr.'d.
    Now after about 8 hours almost all my apps are back except Adobe and a couple of free Angry Birds. They still may come yet.
    I've tried the TP on different computers and different USB ports but still the same problem. On the TP, I click the USB button and the screen goes to USB mode for about a minute and then says could not connect. I have tried updating the drivers on my Netbook (win 7) and still not seeing the device as TouchPad. It does see my Veer as a Veer.
    All I want to do is transfer some photos, videos and music to it to be able to use it as a multimedia device but no......
    Dam I wish TTS would work with a Veer.
    As already said: I would try a dif. Pc. You may also check with lumberjack for error messages in the logfiles..
    BTW TTS would not help. You can't transfer files with it.
    In the app catalog there is a program called wifi media sync. I don't use it often but it does work well.
    No USB Mode sounds like a PC issue between your Touchpad and your PC. Try and different PC. Also, the little circles are because the apps are still downloading and installing. Have patience.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The USB mode is odd, someone mentioned it, but I didn't see the OP answer... you are using the HP/Palm cable that came with the TP correct?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    try going into device manager and selecting each USB Root Hub and pressing delete on the keyboard and deleting them all manually, then search for hardware changes, ive had to do thsi when windows has had a brain fart after ive had LOTS of different types of USB devices plugged into all my diff usb ports.

A Delete of the root hubs fixed 2 of my maxtor usb mass storage devices not being detected and an old webcam, similar thing is required to fix my cousins garbage 'ISP's own' USB Router/Modem.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The USB mode is odd, someone mentioned it, but I didn't see the OP answer... you are using the HP/Palm cable that came with the TP correct?
    Yes, I am pretty sure and I've tried the ones that came with my 2 Pre-'s as well. (but now I am going to have to go home and try them all again. Man if it could be that simple a big thanks will be posted)

And I know TTS won't transfer multimedia.... but it should. :-)
    Yes, I am pretty sure and I've tried the ones that came with my 2 Pre-'s as well. (but now I am going to have to go home and try them all again. Man if it could be that simple a big thanks will be posted)

And I know TTS won't transfer multimedia.... but it should. :-)
    Do you have Preware loaded? If so, use either TBtransfer or WiFi TouchPad File Browser/Uploader--both are in Preware. Either will allow you to copy files from your computer to your TP wirelessly--no USB mode needed.

TBtransfer also requires you to load a small file on your computer so the computer and the TP can talk to each other. Once you've set it up you can copy files back and forth between your TP and your computer.

WiFi TouchPad File Browser/Uploader doesn't require a file on your computer. It's really for moving files from the computer to the TP--you can move them in the other direction but you have to be a little bit creative (it's not really designed for that).