1.    #1  
    With my Touchpad plugged into my Netbook (running Win7) it sees a WebOS device but not as a Touchpad. With my Veer plugged in it sees it as my Veer and I can do file transfers but for my Touchpad it just says device not connected.
    Any suggestions?
    Tx
    If I plug TP to my laptop win7 32b and activate usb mode, my windows detect TP as removable storage/disk, after several minutes win7 can detect it as HP Touchpad.

But even win7 detect TP as removable storage, I can transfer file to TP without problem.

Are you test using same USB port? Try another port, maybe win7 have problem with it.
  3.    #3  
    Took your advise, tried all 3 USB ports... still no TP. :-(
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    What are you trying to accomplish? Win 7 will see a storage device when you plug in the touchpad unless you are in the touchpad's developer mode.

If you are in developer mode and plug in the touchpad to the Win 7 machine, the touchpad asks if you want to use USB mode or charging-only mode. If you pick charge-only, you don't get to see the device in explorer on the Win 7 machine.

Fortunately, you don't need to see it because quick install knows how to find the touchpad on it own.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish? Win 7 will see a storage device when you plug in the touchpad unless you are in the touchpad's developer mode.

If you are in developer mode and plug in the touchpad to the Win 7 machine, the touchpad asks if you want to use USB mode or charging-only mode. If you pick charge-only, you don't get to see the device in explorer on the Win 7 machine.

Fortunately, you don't need to see it because quick install knows how to find the touchpad on it own.
    Yet installer doesn't always find it for me. It's always a hit or miss affair. Pretty frustrating, really. It reinstalls the drivers and that doesn't always work either.
    You might try going to device manager and uninstalling your USB ports, rebooting, and letting it re-detect them. I've heard of people having to do this with TouchPad, and I've had to do it with my iPod.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    Yet installer doesn't always find it for me. It's always a hit or miss affair. Pretty frustrating, really. It reinstalls the drivers and that doesn't always work either.
    Sounds like a novacomm driver problem. Do you ahve the right 32/64 version?
    I'm having same issue:
    • Installed novacomm on new Window 7 Enterprise pc
    • Was running Android on touchpad, had space issue so opted for clean install and ran AcmeUninstall
    • unable to see touchpad as drive (only seen as removable drive). Get message Windows wants to format it.
    • reimaged
    • Reimaged with webOS doctor but still can not see touchpad.
    Last edited by sledge007; 12/29/2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fixed list bullets
    The touchpad should give you a notification asking for USB-mode vs. 'just charge' 'close' when you connect it with the USB cable. The touchpad only shows up in windows explorer once you selected USB mode. If the notification doesn't show up I'd suggest trying a different cable first.
    Last edited by DocJones; 12/29/2013 at 01:04 PM.
    I have tried all of the above. When I plug my Galaxy 2 phone into the same ports, the pc sees it right away. Can't do the same with the touchpad.
    Just tried neighbor's Win 8 pc....same thing: Only sees it as a removable disk and wants to format it.
    on PC - do you use USB2 or newer USB3 connector?
    If the TP is not in USB Drive mode, it will only show up as a removable drive, with no media inserted. I'm assuming, since you say your computer wants to format it, that there's something odd about the media partition in that it's not recognized as a FAT file system. You might want to run f-s-c-k on the partition after booting to the installer ramdisk.