1.    #1  
    Here's for anyone in Germany, alternate has the HP touchpad 64gb Version in stock for 280 Euros plus shipping

TouchPad 64 GB

Not firesale price but still cheap!
    From the product description:

'' Ausgestattet mit dem Betriebssystem webOS 3.0, lässt sich Mobilfunk über einen optionalen 3G-USB-Dongle nachrüsten.'' = Equipped with the operating system webOS 3.0, 3G radio can be retrofitted with an optional wireless 3G USB dongle.

What does that mean? Is all we have to do go back to 3.0 to gain 3G dongle functionality?
    I ordered one, lets see what I will get.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    I ordered one, lets see what I will get.
    how much is it in dollars?? and will they ship to US??
    It's about 380 USD, but I think they don't ship to the US
    Price without german VAT (19%) is 233 EU or 315 USD. Your total depends on your VAT, customs and shipping costs to your location.

I don't know if they ship worldwide but when placing your order you can select from a list of european countries and you can scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'anderes Land' - another country. The order form states:

''Int'l shipping costs: Delivery is through country-specific provider. The total cost will be sent to you including the applicable local tax as a quotation.''
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlBart View Post
    From the product description:

'' Ausgestattet mit dem Betriebssystem webOS 3.0, lässt sich Mobilfunk über einen optionalen 3G-USB-Dongle nachrüsten.'' = Equipped with the operating system webOS 3.0, 3G radio can be retrofitted with an optional wireless 3G USB dongle.

What does that mean? Is all we have to do go back to 3.0 to gain 3G dongle functionality?
    Nope. It's a bad description. It basically says it has webOS 3.0 and you can surf the web via an optional 3G USB dongle. Whatever that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    ...3G USB dongle. Whatever that is...
    3G USB modem in form of USB stick, just like USB flash tumbdrives....
    Anyway, its totaly false...
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    Here's for anyone in Germany, alternate has the HP touchpad 64gb Version in stock for 280 Euros plus shipping

TouchPad 64 GB
    That's great, but unfortunately this product is not available anymore
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    3G USB modem in form of USB stick, just like USB flash tumbdrives....
    Anyway, its totaly false...
    Indeed. We would need a micro-usb dongle for that and I don't think that such a thing exists yet... Only full size.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I think they ran out of stock now. I got my order dispatched confirmation =D
    Me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Indeed. We would need a micro-usb dongle for that and I don't think that such a thing exists yet... Only full size.
    There are plenty of those adapters:

microusb to usb adapter - Product Details
    Last edited by DiDGr8; 11/22/2011 at 05:47 AM. Reason: spelling and link correction
    Those adapters would, alas, not work as a device needs to support USB Host Mode in order to run a 3G dongle, USB flashdrive or similar.

Like the vast majority of mobile devices, the TouchPad does not support Host Mode as that would require the Host to provide power to the Client device - although I agree that the option to plug in something would be great to have.

So don't just go ahead and buy a 3G dongle and USB->microUSB adapter for your TouchPad. It would be a waste of money.