Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that if you go to a website such as "Cnet.com" the gray toolbar that is supposed to be part of the bottom of the cnet website will be stuck in the middle of the screen. As you navigate down on the site, the bar slowly moves down based on where on the page you stop, but it's very jittery and sometimes blocks content on the screen

Is there any way to eliminate this annoyance?

I've had it where I can't read the text on a website because the browser accidentally puts the toolbar somewhere in the middle of the screen instead of at the bottom of the page.

Thank you,
    That really ****es me off about the modern web, no one seems to know how to do toolbars or menus properly anymore. I get that same result across Chrome, Opera, and IE.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    MINKIN2 likes this.
    I don't have that happen in Chrome, Firefox, or IE 9 or 10. The problem is with the WebOS browser. It just processes code differently. Try downloading another browser in the market.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    so there is no way to eliminate this issue with the touchpad? I don't have this problem on the ipad.

It makes some websites a real pain to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I don't have that happen in Chrome, Firefox, or IE 9 or 10. The problem is with the WebOS browser. It just processes code differently. Try downloading another browser in the market.
    that's a good Idea ...I'll try one of the many browsers in the market..........
    Quote Originally Posted by patterone View Post
    that's a good Idea ...I'll try one of the many browsers in the market..........
    Are you being sarcastic? LOL. As far as I know, there's only the default browser available for the TP....
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe79 View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? LOL. As far as I know, there's only the default browser available for the TP....
    Sarcastic... I would guess yes.

There is a browser in the market that is worth the money, will not fix this problem though as it uses the same "engine" (I'm tired and can't think of the right word right now) as the stock browser.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by borka105 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that if you go to a website such as "Cnet.com" the gray toolbar that is supposed to be part of the bottom of the cnet website will be stuck in the middle of the screen. As you navigate down on the site, the bar slowly moves down based on where on the page you stop, but it's very jittery and sometimes blocks content on the screen

Is there any way to eliminate this annoyance?

I've had it where I can't read the text on a website because the browser accidentally puts the toolbar somewhere in the middle of the screen instead of at the bottom of the page.

Thank you,
    I actually don't experience this problem on my TP when browsing cnet.com. I assume you're referring to the gray bar containing the text 'Recently Viewed Products', 'My Lists', etc. It does skip down the page when scrolliing down, but seems to always rest at the bottom of the screen.

One possible solution for this specific site, assuming I'm referring to the correct gray bar, is to click the little left-pointing arrow (triangle) at the rightmost edge of that bar to "minimize" it, at which point it becomes a very small rectangle at the left of your screen.

Another example of the skipping bar would be viewing facebook on the TP, however it would be the top blue bar. Again, it always ends up back at the top when scrolling so is not a problem for me.

I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end if you can one to attach.
    Last edited by plgnply; 11/21/2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Add facebook example