Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By aboutblank
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By giggles
  1.    #1  
    OK, now I know that I can never logon my Profile ever on Touchpad Go, what a tragedy...But this time I bring some more pics, haha~Wish you would like it.

The box is totally blank, without anything printed on it.

The manual, also blank...

And there is a case...

...with the HP logo inside...

...and of course, made in china. haha~

Front view. It's in landscape layout.

Find something different? It's matte, not a fingerprint collector. And yes! A rear camera.

It's a 5MP camera with a flash LED, but no auto focus. Actually I've always thought that the 9.7 Touchpad also has a rear camera...until yesterday I got a TP 4G and found the camera app couldn't switch between the front and rear camera. Soon I found of course it couldn't, because there isn't a rear camera there...

The quality is...I don't know, I've never brought it outside yet. But I just tested it in my house, and it's poor with full of noises...Perhaps it will be better under the sunshine.
    Check the EXIF, says it's HP TouchPad Go.
    BTW, the caligraphy is "安时处顺", means "Don't be harsh and let it go".

No warranty...ok...

The battery is replaceable. But where can I find another battery?

SIM card slot.

Power button, volume up/down, and the earphone jack, the same as 9.7 TP.

Found signal. Poor China Mobile...not a compatible 3G system with WCDMA.

And of course the front camera. Thought it's better than the 9.7 TP's...Notice the upper left corner "flip!", it's the switch between the front and rear camera.

The OS is totally the same as 9.7 TP, except the keyboard. It supports chinese input.

But with this keyboard, the english input is even better. It predicts your input.

OK, that's it. Thanks for watching~~
    welll did you ever send it to rod at webos internals to see if he could get it running for you ?? i bet he could ,, well maybe lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Nice shots! I've seen some claims this device has NFC - anyway to confirm this?
    Looks pretty good... very far along in development based on your pics. Thanks for the post.

~~~
    Absolutely wonderful. Thankyou so much for sharing this with us
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Is this the OP busted in technocolor?

~~~
    Thanks for sharing. What is the version number of WebOS is it running? (Should be under Settings-->Device Info)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy58 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. What is the version number of WebOS is it running? (Should be under Settings-->Device Info)
    3.0.3, a tragic version that returns a lot of 404 when preware updating feeds. There is no feeds for 3.0.3 at all...
    I wish they would release this, I would buy one in a flash (im guessing lots of others would too)
    Great Pics.. thank you!
    It is good to know that perhaps China recognises what HP does not.. a very neat machine!

(PS. I love that not only the packaging, but also the 'User Manual' appears to be totally blank as well! Hilarious!).

whats your bet palm probably made the 7" go before the touchpad, but ill bet HP probably delayed everything because they wanted a competitive 10" to go vs the ipad and didnt believe the 7" would sell and be seen as rubbish.

this is mostly going form some of the earlier pics where ppl showed it as a palm device rather than hp, plus it looks more "palm" as in its got better features and doesnt seem to reek of "cheap build", looks like a giant cute and cuddly pre3.

tbh, the 7" looks pretty good, has better features, im guessing its easier to hold when reading in bed etc.

i want one.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 11/20/2011 at 07:51 AM.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    whats your bet...
    My bet is that you, unmistakebly, have an Amiga past, given that Eric Schwartz avatar!

By the way, AboutBlank, thankyou very, very much for sharing this prototype with us. I never thought I'd like so mucho something that makes me so sick!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    My bet is that you, unmistakebly, have an Amiga past, given that Eric Schwartz avatar!

By the way, AboutBlank, thankyou very, very much for sharing this prototype with us. I never thought I'd like so mucho something that makes me so sick!
    very very amiga past shame i cant get parts to fix my old systems now eyetech is gone :|

i must have a thing for good systems that die early, attempt to ressurect and seemingly get nowhere due to incompetant management.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Should of sold this little beast for 200 bucks
    geekpeter likes this.
    I'm close to tears. Such a gorgeous device that will probably never be sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    very very amiga past shame i cant get parts to fix my old systems now eyetech is gone :|

i must have a thing for good systems that die early, attempt to ressurect and seemingly get nowhere due to incompetant management.
    You and me both it would seem (loved my old Amiga)

Really is a shame this device will never see the light of day. I'd have picked up one in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by techie.ca View Post
    You and me both it would seem (loved my old Amiga)

Really is a shame this device will never see the light of day. I'd have picked up one in a heartbeat.
    ill be giving this a try tho

AmigaOne X1000 First Contact

been waiting for quite some time.
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... are this true? Are this really true? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... cam'on, dont by evil with me, I cant beleived that its really happening.... I WANT 5 please...ok ok, meaby just 1, but I want it...

DOES HP recover the brightness?

Thaks for the picture by the way!!! all in blanck its very nice
    Last edited by heptalquimista; 11/20/2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I forget to be thanksfull
    PALM zire71, Palm T|X+ IR Keyboard, Palm Pre Plus+touchstone, HPalm Pre3, HPalm Touchpad+keyboard+case+touchstone
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I'm close to tears. Such a gorgeous device that will probably never be sold.
    Dont say it, dont say it.... meaby if we all together thinks that it will hapen, it will be came true
    PALM zire71, Palm T|X+ IR Keyboard, Palm Pre Plus+touchstone, HPalm Pre3, HPalm Touchpad+keyboard+case+touchstone
    actually i kinda like how the box is all completely blank white!