Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matteebee13
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I received an email from SlingMedia today advertising a new FB app that supports the latest Slingbox hardware (Pro-HD and Solo).

It states:

"Note that SlingPlayer for Facebook will work in any browser, provided it has the latest version of Flash installed."

I have a much older Slingbox Classic and Slingbox Pro, so it won't work for me. Does anyone else have the needed hardware and a TouchPad? If so, please test it out in the webOS browser and let us know if it works.

Source: SlingPlayer on Facebook | Facebook
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Read on Engadget's website that it only works with Slingbox Solo or Pro-HD...
    My slingbox solo doesn't work in webos, but works flawlessly in CM7. I'm going to try changing the user agent string to spoof it as an ipad in webos and see what happens...
    http://forums.precentral.net/3219700-post29.html
    nope, didn't do the trick
    Last edited by matteebee13; 11/21/2011 at 11:33 PM.
    I have the AV, so I'm out of luck.
    Would have been nice.
    I wish there was a web browser for the TP that worked with the sling website.
    For me it works in Internet Explorer, complains about third party cookies on my Pre-, and says my Slingbox is incompatable on my Touchpad. Whatever......

The support FAQ says that although it's compatable with any browser that supports Flash, it's not compatable with phones or tablets...
    Buy the Splashtop TP App, and you can watch anything on your TP that you can watch on your PC. Not as clean as the FB App might be (the remote's a little tricky with the click interface), but it should work for you.
    I tried to login via the Facebook app on my Touchpad but it says "This Slingbox is not compatible with Slingplayer". I have a Slingbox Pro-HD and am able to view it using the FB app on my laptop remotely.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g8rvictor View Post
    I tried to login via the Facebook app on my Touchpad but it says "This Slingbox is not compatible with Slingplayer". I have a Slingbox Pro-HD and am able to view it using the FB app on my laptop remotely.
    I wonder if the HULU patch might help? It changes the user agent provided by the browser, as well as the one provided by flash.

I do not have a compatible Slingbox to test with...
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I wonder if the HULU patch might help? It changes the user agent provided by the browser, as well as the one provided by flash.

I do not have a compatible Slingbox to test with...
    Tried every available user agent; android, mac, ios, windows, nothing worked for me. I use the app in CM7 and no problems.
    dignitary likes this.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Tried every available user agent; android, mac, ios, windows, nothing worked for me. I use the app in CM7 and no problems.

urg! That is really too bad. I wish we could get sling working directly in webOS.

Thank you for trying!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    I have a Slingloaded DVR from Dishnetwork, will that work???
    Thanks,
    Hookie