Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hi i used the search function and looked around google and have found no solution to my problem. SO here i go, i put my touchpad on developer mode, installed precenteral on my brothers computer (because it wouldn't work on mine a while ago) when i open webosquickinstall it says please enter hptouchpad password. I did not set a password , i pressed ok , cancel , exit etc but nothing will let me bypass this. Does anyone have this problem? im using windows 7 64bit home premium, Please help! i want to install the keyboard with the arrowkeys and need for this to work because my brothers pc broke. thanks
  2. #2  
    So presumably you didn't install a 'Developer Mode' Password either?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    So presumably you didn't install a 'Developer Mode' Password either?
    100% i didnt
  4. #4  
    Please try turning Developer Mode off, and back on. Then reboot the device. Then try Webosquickinstall again (BTW, which version of webosquickinstall are you using?).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
    Please try turning Developer Mode off, and back on. Then reboot the device. Then try Webosquickinstall again (BTW, which version of webosquickinstall are you using?).
    i just tried that and it still says "enter password" as soon as webosquickinstall opens. im using version 4.3.1.jar (i have a 32gb touchpad)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by a-p-p-l-e-s View Post
    i just tried that and it still says "enter password" as soon as webosquickinstall opens. im using version 4.3.1.jar (i have a 32gb touchpad)
    I just want to make sure that that 'enter password' prompt is truly webosquickinstall and not Windows 7 UAC. In other words, try entering the password for your Windows 7 user account rather than any password you might have on your TP.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by a-p-p-l-e-s View Post
    i just tried that and it still says "enter password" as soon as webosquickinstall opens. im using version 4.3.1.jar (i have a 32gb touchpad)
    Try doing this command in CommandPrompt (with device connected, not in usb mode):
    Code:
    novacom -c login -r " "
    And tell me what's outputted
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
    I just want to make sure that that 'enter password' prompt is truly webosquickinstall and not Windows 7 UAC. In other words, try entering the password for your Windows 7 user account rather than any password you might have on your TP.
    I dont have a windows password for users so i doubt that is the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try doing this command in CommandPrompt (with device connected, not in usb mode):
    Code:
    novacom -c login -r " "
    And tell me what's outputted
    i typed it and it says 'novacom' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Posting Permissions