1.    #1  
    I'm having issues with the volume on my touchpad. Unlike other complaints on the forums my issue is that the volume isn't that loud. I have to put the volume up to max just to barely hear anything. On my iPhone I only need the volume less than halfway up to hear everything just fine. I have webos version 3.0.4. Also if I install preware will it hurt battery life, as I am getting on about 5 hours of usage out of mine. When I say usage I mean when ever the screen is on. I was wondering of that's normal because I've seen people say that they get up to 10 hours of use. Other than that I love my touchpad, I just want to solve the volume issue.

Thank for any help.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder View Post
    I'm having issues with the volume on my touchpad. Unlike other complaints on the forums my issue is that the volume isn't that loud. I have to put the volume up to max just to barely hear anything. On my iPhone I only need the volume less than halfway up to hear everything just fine. I have webos version 3.0.4. Also if I install preware will it hurt battery life, as I am getting on about 5 hours of usage out of mine. When I say usage I mean when ever the screen is on. I was wondering of that's normal because I've seen people say that they get up to 10 hours of use. Other than that I love my touchpad, I just want to solve the volume issue.

Thank for any help.
    Touchvol is great. Not only can you boost the volume, you can tweak the eq.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...-touchvol.html
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    If you have a lot of accounts setup for frequent syncing, that will contribute to battery drain pretty handily. Keep your brightness setting as low as you can to use it. Mine's usually pretty close to minimum. I've run up to 11 hrs and still had battery time, but I was only internetting, not watching video or audio.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    If you have a lot of accounts setup for frequent syncing, that will contribute to battery drain pretty handily. Keep your brightness setting as low as you can to use it. Mine's usually pretty close to minimum. I've run up to 11 hrs and still had battery time, but I was only internetting, not watching video or audio.

On have Facebook account on. Just wondering if when you say 11 hours do you mean 11 hours of continuous usage or 11 hours since its last full charge. I have brightness at about 40%.
    That was 11 hrs of continuous usage. I don't think I ever bump my bright over 20 or so.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Touchvol is great. Not only can you boost the volume, you can tweak the eq.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...-touchvol.html
    Touchvol works great, thanks.
    I was going to suggest the "Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)" app in Preware, which I had recently installed because I found it couldn't drive my headphones hard enough stock, but Touchvol does oh-so-much-more. Particularly the 5-band EQ is worth it's weight in gold.

The middle "Boost" position in Touchvol is the setting that "Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)" app set.