webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Missing Bookmarks, No e-Mail, No connections?
Missing Bookmarks, No e-Mail, No connections?
Like Tree1Likes

Old 06/20/2012, 01:12 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3n1media View Post
Just a heads up on this, i realized this week that this issue has stopped occurring and emails are there in the morning without a reboot. I have not changed anything except installing CM9. When I installed CM9, I had to fix a bunch of file system errors using dosfsck before I could install. There also might have been a few apps updated, but I don't think any of them would relate to this issue. I wonder if some of the file corruption that was fixed helped with this.
Thanks for this clue! I've been having this issue on 1 of my TPs and just used Tailor in preware to do a file system check - seems to have solved the problem for the last several days!

1. Run tailor.
2. Unmount drive.
3. Run check.
4. Remount drive

Much better now!
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 10:51 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.0 View Post
I have been perplexed by this issue, and tried many things - but not the app restore - yet.
I am unable to check my backup status as well when this event has occurred.

I think the automatic backup is causing my problems, as it is only the data that is backed up that cannot be found. Manual backup does not cause the same issue, and if I am using the TP while the backup occurs, I notice nothing. But the bookmarks still vanish.

I tried to remove all the apps I loaded since this problem started, but it did not help.
I also tried to capture the log files, but this cannot be done while the problem exists.

I have not changed the backed up data items, nor turned off auto backup to see the effect.

Steve

I have concluded this may not be due to automatic backup, as the backup time I see is actually the last time I restarted the TP. It still seems to loose only the data which is listed as backed up tho - can we change the data that is backed up?
I have always thought this was application based, just not sure which one.
I have still not reset anything, I don't really mind the daily powerdown.

When the problem occurs, I found that an open browser still has its bookmarks, but a new card opened from that screen does not.
Mail can remember how many emails there were, but not how to find them.

I like the tailor option to fix this, and may load CM9 soon too.
Steve.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2012, 10:44 AM   #43 (permalink)

This morning I signed on and all seems normal. Email was readable and bookmarks were there!
No fixes applied on my part. And it did backup at 11ish last night.

As far as I can remember, the only change I made was to install the HP information security pulse application.

so far so good.
Steve.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2012, 05:43 AM   #44 (permalink)

I did an app reset in march....no problems since! But yes I did have to install my homebrew again...but that was easy....
matthp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2012, 11:25 AM   #45 (permalink)

I tried the tailor filesystem check, and it didn't fix the problem at all for me. I'm going to back up and remove all my patches, then do the erase apps and data method.
Old 08/07/2012, 09:28 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by divuer View Post
The issue seems to be related to the device "loosing" the association with the registered webOS account. Next time your bookmarks or email are missing, open up 'Device Info' and you'll notice that the HP WEBOS ACCOUNT field is empty. Once the TP is restarted, the account field is again populated. The app restore was the one solution that solved this problem.
I am experiencing this exact problem...have not yet done an app restore...at this point a restart fixes things.
josephandrews222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2012, 09:15 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
I am experiencing this exact problem...have not yet done an app restore...at this point a restart fixes things.
Yes, the restart of issue but sometimes within the same session it would loose the settings.

Just make sure you run the 'Backup' app just before you do the 'Erase Apps & Data'.
divuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2012, 11:54 AM   #48 (permalink)

I used to have this issue everyday, since everyday I have to reboot my touchpad to get it to work in the morning.

someone said something about a network stack, so I took a guess and tried to remove any excessive saved WiFi profiles from the webOS's settings.

It seems ok today, and the TP is very functional this morning.

I'll wait a couple of days and see if this fix really works or not.

EDIT: nevermind... My mistake it doesn't fix it

Last edited by nelio2k; 08/27/2012 at 12:43 AM.
nelio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 12:44 PM   #49 (permalink)

Hi,

I've had this problem on and off for the last few months and finally spotted a reliable reproduction step.

The trigger for me is when I'm working on an app for the Touchpad. Once I download my in dev app via development mode to test it, the Touchpad starts to forget the bookmarks and loose the webOS account.

Deleting my app then fixes the issue. (My app isn't in the market place yet, but maybe you have downloaded another app via this mechanism?).

Hopefully this information can help someone....
anthonybennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 12:52 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybennis View Post
Hi,

I've had this problem on and off for the last few months and finally spotted a reliable reproduction step.

The trigger for me is when I'm working on an app for the Touchpad. Once I download my in dev app via development mode to test it, the Touchpad starts to forget the bookmarks and loose the webOS account.

Deleting my app then fixes the issue. (My app isn't in the market place yet, but maybe you have downloaded another app via this mechanism?).

Hopefully this information can help someone....
Perhaps this is related to webosm, I downloaded the free version from Preware, but the app catalog kept telling me there is an update, but when I try to update, it failed.

I since deleted it anyway, but the problems may have began around this time.

Has anyone else installed webOSm free version?

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
hulickr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2012, 06:25 PM   #51 (permalink)

The "missing accounts" started about 2 weeks ago. I have the latest Web OS, with no homebrew or preware installed, only applications from the HP store. Reboot every morning solved the problem, but somewhat of a pain. Turned off the automatic back-up and missing accounts still happened. Turned automatic back-up back on.

Several days later with me not doing anything, the morning reboot was never longer necessary. all was fine every morning now for the last week. I have no idea wht might have happened.to resolve the issue.
theronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2012, 07:26 PM   #52 (permalink)

I gave in and visited the doctor yesterday....

No problem all night and day so far.

All I lost was Angry Birds HD :-(. Apparently that is no longer available to us :'( .

I'll apprise my fellow thread readers if the issue re-occurs for me.
Cheers

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
hulickr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2012, 09:15 PM   #53 (permalink)

Ok so I did a little experiment last night. I opened stern and ran top on my TP. I left it running, put it on touchstone, let clock mode in exhibition load and left it all night. Today of course I have same old problem with missing email, bookmarks, etc. I have noticed that top is showing "mojodb-Luna" is now using 95-99% of CPU time and has been running for 1086 minutes. The % of memory for this mojodb-Luna program is only showing 2.9%. I have no clue what if anything this all might mean, but hopefully someone else might have a clue.
there are several other programs running and appear to be acting normal. I do jot remember even seeing the mojodb-Luna even running before I put it to bed last night. Will restart to now to see if top will show this program running after reboot...to be continued.......
dballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2012, 09:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

Follow up. After device restart mojodb-Luna does show up in the listing a few time for just a second or two. It does not appear to be a constantly loaded program. I am running the F4 kernel but forgot to look at govnah to see what that might tell me about cpu usage. Will check that next time.
Top also show running task-. 164 total, 1-3 running tasks, 161-162 sleeping, 0 stopped,0 zombie.
memory total- 940412kb, 731048kb used, 209172kb free. The used amount is a lot higher that is is when not in this messed up mode. But I do not know what is using it. Webapmgr is showing about 20% men use which is about normal I think.

Last edited by dballew; 09/07/2012 at 02:48 PM.
dballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 03:41 AM   #55 (permalink)

This thread has gone quiet and I was hoping to hear of a fix. Only once in the last month has my Touchpad not had to be rebooted in the morning. I have tried on and off the touchstone, on and off the charger, on and off WiFi. Are there any other analytical troubleshooting steps I can take? I'm technically savvy but not a WebOs guru.
jr92811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2012, 07:57 AM   #56 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The 'app reset' is not a good fix. Webosdoctor worked for me, and fixed my other problem too, so I have preware & internalz pro again. It is drastic, but you don't lose files or bookmarks.
rickr765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 06:34 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr765 View Post
The 'app reset' is not a good fix. Webosdoctor worked for me, and fixed my other problem too, so I have preware & internalz pro again. It is drastic, but you don't lose files or bookmarks.
Right, decision made, it's time for the Doctor. Do I have to erase all data, including Android ICS, before starting the Doctor process?
Old 10/31/2012, 09:06 AM   #58 (permalink)

You're better off trying this first: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3358981
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 04:02 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
You're better off trying this first: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3358981
If I read it correctly in the other thread, the 'database solution' may not solve the issue. Does that mean it's still under investigation?
Old 07/09/2013, 08:27 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr92811 View Post
If I read it correctly in the other thread, the 'database solution' may not solve the issue. Does that mean it's still under investigation?

Yeah, IS IT? I might've missed it, but I'm fairly certain I scoured this forum for anything resembling a "Yay! I found the fix! Takes 2 seconds!", but nope, instead I found...well, I refuse to say what I found because I refuse to believe it. This place has been my rock amidst these frigid, dark & doomed Touchpad waters. A solid, stubborn rock made up of DETERMINED PEOPLE whose passion & belief in webOS drives them to KEEP webOS ALIVE. There is no giving up. No throwing in the towel. NO ONE, not HP, not LG, not even Mr. T can weaken the resolve of this communiTEE.

Thus, it is on this spirit of not giving up that I'm depending, to see my app-disappearing-(i.e., CERTIFICATE UPDATE DISAPPEARING) Touchpad through the passing of July 23 safely and without incident.

In other words:
HELP!
Scary68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0