Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ^^ according to them that's a prblem with webOS that should be fix when 3.0.5 comes out. Don't know how true that is anyway.... But I bought the app and don't regret it. Like more than Spaz hD
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    To each their own, but I can't stand Spaz HD. I hated using it so much that I deleted it off my TP and was only reading Twitter from my phone.

By all means, people should try Spaz HD first to see if it meets their needs. But it's great that there's finally some good competition for it.
    What made Spas so unbearable?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    What made Spas so unbearable?
    It was slow and made my Touchpad bog down, it sometimes loaded my tweets in the wrong columns (mentions in main timeline column on occasion), no background notifications (Graphite doesn't have these either though), and I just don't like the columns layout. Besides that, it's got a cluttered look. I mean, to me, it looks like an open-source app. Lots of buttons all over that I'm never going to use, and just no sense of design whatsoever. I guess the best way to describe it is very utilitarian.

Graphite isn't perfect but I find it just much better in most ways, and it looks clean.

Since people asked for screenshots (are they not showing up in the Catalog or something?) here's a bunch I just took.

The main timeline one I took shows an official retweet at the very top, and then how it displays images. Obviously if you tap on the image it displays fullscreen. The trends view is a sliding enyo panel that can be mostly hidden in portrait (I actually don't like having it displaying all the time in landscape). There's also the compose screen, the user information you can slide in from the left, and in one of them it shows the action bar that lets you choose what you want to do when you tap on a tweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is that seriously a full screen for a tweet-compose?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    There's still a lot of room for improvement. For instance, the ui is a bit flat. Devs should look at the grainy look of Macaw. I like the layout of Graphite, but highly prefer the design of Macaw. Also fonts are a bit too big, and profile pictures are just "here" with no integration at all (except the rounded corners?). Otherwise, the whole UI experience is interesting, but still, I hope the devs are planning on improving it!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    It's nice that there's an option. Graphite just seems to need a lot of refinement and is asking premium $$$. $5 for a GREAT Twitter client is fine....if it's a GREAT program. Graphite should still be in beta.
    great thread but shouln't it be in 3rd party apps.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    For some reason I cannot add an account: the screen just goes black after clicking the add/authorize account button. For a moment Graphite tells me it's contacting twitter, but then the screen goes black...

Tried reinstalling Spaz, but adding an account gives an error there. I managed all right the first time I installed it...

What's wrong? I have the feeling I'm missing a simple thing and will feel very stupid once I realize what it is...

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile
    Try messaging the developer on twitter @GraphiteWebOS

But honestly, it is an AWESOME twitter application. To me, its close to being a best in breed twitter client; it's even comparable to the Ipad twitter application which is amazing. Graphite even has some features, and design decisions that don't exist anywhere else.

It is definitely one of the best designed and polished TouchPad apps that I've tried.

I mean its gorgeous. People should be screaming this app from the rooftops!
    Quote Originally Posted by ishpuini View Post
    For some reason I cannot add an account: the screen just goes black after clicking the add/authorize account button. For a moment Graphite tells me it's contacting twitter, but then the screen goes black...

Tried reinstalling Spaz, but adding an account gives an error there. I managed all right the first time I installed it...

What's wrong? I have the feeling I'm missing a simple thing and will feel very stupid once I realize what it is...

Wim
    It should be popping you out to the twitter webpage where you will get an authentication number... try restarting the device? or if that doesn't work deleting the app and re-downloading?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azad2002 View Post
    It should be popping you out to the twitter webpage where you will get an authentication number... try restarting the device? or if that doesn't work deleting the app and re-downloading?
    Restarted the device and it worked. Not sure now whether that made a difference or it was just twitter being unresponsive when I tried first (reading my tweets in the browser brought the occasional unavailability message from twitter as well).
    Great app indeed. Could use a slightly smaller font though.

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile
    Great app, it just should allow you to change the background and font size.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is It a coincidence, or does Graphite have a memory leak. My TP seems to slow down or even halt from time to time when I have Graphite running...
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I'm not paying $5 for a Twitter client that makes "trending" a mandatory part of my screen.
    +1.

I hope they get rid of that. I never pay attention to Twitter trends. Couldn't care less.

The other thing that needs a fix is that it's too easy to mistakenly hit a URL embedded in a tweet and loading up the browser when you're just scrolling through the feed. I actually prefer something like the Carbon approach, where the links aren't live unless you open an individual tweet for reading, though judging by the integrated photos in the feed, etc., it seems like they want to get away from the whole idea of leaving the feed to do stuff.
    Last edited by grappler; 12/03/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    The past two times I have closed Graphite and reopened the app later, it has wiped out my accounts; I have to reauthorize them.
    I have had the same problem twice: once with one account and the second time with two accounts. Twitter still knows about the authorizations so somehow Graphite for webOS is losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    ^^ according to them that's a prblem with webOS that should be fix when 3.0.5 comes out. Don't know how true that is anyway.... But I bought the app and don't regret it. Like more than Spaz hD
    I reported the problem via the HP App Catalog this morning. It sounds like dots & lines is aware of the problem from this post and the fix is coming from webOS. I'll let y'all know if I learn anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I actually prefer something like the Carbon approach, where the links aren't live unless you open an individual tweet for reading, though judging by the integrated photos in the feed, etc., it seems like they want to get away from the whole idea of leaving the feed to do stuff.
    Funny, I've always been wanting Carbon to do it like Graphite does.
    I will never forget it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12