Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I called Netflix today and asked for an APP for the touchpad if we all do this what would it hurt? Their phone number is 1888-811-1933 you can look up your service code or use mine it's 101484
    Rnp, ursula and soccergum like this.
    Instead of TP app, I rather they just make their website HTML-5 compatible.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Rnp, ursula, Tintinet and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I may not know what I am talking about, but wouldn't an app be smoother as far as picture quality if it was created specifically for the TP?
    Everyone should send an email to Netflix all on the same day. I'm up for it. We need at least 100 people to make a difference/get noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I may not know what I am talking about, but wouldn't an app be smoother as far as picture quality if it was created specifically for the TP?
    You are most likely correct. Besides, HTML5 probably isn't in the cards because it doesn't yet support DRM (copy protection), which is why, for example, Netflix went with Silverlight over Flash for their main website in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Everyone should send an email to Netflix all on the same day. I'm up for it. We need at least 100 people to make a difference/get noticed.
    I am in.

Should someone create a letter and we all copy and paste the same one? That way it could seem like a "movement".
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Emails get lost in the system and we wont have proof of how many people emailed. and it takes longer for everyone to write an email, some may eventually drop out.

instead make a petition or a website with users having to drop their name/signature or click a button to join a petition. That way proof remains of the number of users wanting netflix so we can get some media coverage too if the numbers are high.

My two cents.
    Last edited by ak1229; 11/17/2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Emails get lost in the system and we wont have proof of how many people emailed. and it takes longer for everyone to write an email, some may eventually drop out.

instead make a petition or a website with users having to drop their name/signature or click a button to join a petition. That way proof remains of the number of users wanting netflix so we can get some media coverage too if the numbers are high.

My two cents.
    Or, why not do both!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Not sure what you mean by HTML5 compatible. Do you mean use the Video tag? I would be happy if they acknowledged that touch devices are on the rise and let me use the TP to juggle my movie queue, which is impossible.
    We should all just hope that we can dual boot Ice Cream Sandwich on our TouchPads by Christmas.

I mean if you want Netflix you can install CM7 right now! But I'm gonna wait a bit longer for the new OS. I love WebOS so I'm hoping a similar dual-boot install is released.
    Maybe we could intice netflix by offering a list of folks who would pay a couple bucks for the app.. this way at least they can recoup from any extra labor to port one over. I'd pay .99 to 1.99 for a solid netflix app, on the other app markets it is free. They could even offer a rebate for any new customers who sign up through the webos purchase if they buy specifically for streaming on the TP.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    We should all just hope that we can dual boot Ice Cream Sandwich on our TouchPads by Christmas.

I mean if you want Netflix you can install CM7 right now! But I'm gonna wait a bit longer for the new OS. I love WebOS so I'm hoping a similar dual-boot install is released.
    Ya cm7 isn't good enough to run as primary iMO, I'd love to see how it does on a battery streaming netflix.. there are still issues w/ run time as well w/ current alpha's. If webos dies I'll dual boot if not switch to ICS when it's stable... I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. And streaming via splashtop does work quite well on local networks.. little choppy except on great connects via internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    You are most likely correct. Besides, HTML5 probably isn't in the cards because it doesn't yet support DRM (copy protection), which is why, for example, Netflix went with Silverlight over Flash for their main website in the first place.
    The requirement to use DRM because of licensing is the reason they can't do HTML5. The reason they moved to Silverlight over Flash depends on who you ask. Some think Silverlight was and is more stable than Flash and others think it's because Hastings is on Microsoft's board.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    splashtop. Problem solved
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    not everyone has their laptop switched on every time they use their TP to watch netflix?

situation: travelling with your laptop packed and want to see netflix movies or when your laptop breaks and you need to watch a movie coz your gf is bored and does not like the broken apps on your Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    when I called they said that we need to talk to HP that they need work with netflix to get them completed so we will have to send it to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    splashtop. Problem solved
    Thanks, but no thanks...
    dignitary and z0g like this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Better yet load driod in the dual boot and when you are in driod you have netflix problem fixed
    Better yet load driod in the dual boot and when you are in driod you have netflix problem fixed
    Much rather have the ability to use Netflix with webOS. Loaded CM7 on my Touchpad. Took it off after a few days. WebOS is so much better to use. Who do we hit up at HP for a Netflix app?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just finished my call with Netflix and requested a Netflix app and person on the phone was extremely receptive to the idea and told me he would hand deliver the request to the proper department for me . We must remember they just took a giant financial loss with their price restructuring announcement . It cost them a lot of subscriptions and they might like to make up some of that financial loss !!! Just Saying !!!
    I imagine that when HP or someone else decides to produce new webOS devices is when you will see Netflix on webOS. As much as I would like Netflix on my Touchpad, it's never going to happen unless there are major changes on the hardware front.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    dignitary likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast