Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone~I just got a Touchpad Go last week, but couldn't activate it. The OS build is 3.0.3, and it seems that the default location host is ps.palmws.com. When I was following firstuse to logon to my own profile, it says PAMS3101, which i found means invalid ROMToken.
    So I used devicetool to skip firstuse, installed Impostah, switched the location host to ps.qa.palm.com, and try to create new profile. Now it tells me PAMS9999 Generic fault. And I tried to login with the former owner's profile(already created on the ps.qa server), I got PAMS9994, Invalid PAMS code.
    Since the TP Go have never retailed, I guess I can never logon to the palmws server. What am I suppose to do now to logon to the developer server?

And there is another question...I got the ROM from the former owner(who I believe is an HP employee), and it's not a doctor.jar, but two .tar files. So I downloaded the doctor for touchpad 4g, unzipped the .jar file, and found the two .tar files are actually as ./resources/webOS.tar and att.tar in the TP 4G doctor. Is there a way to flash the device without doctor? or how can I make my own doctor with the 2 .tar files?

Sorry for my poor english...here's a photo of my TP Go, haha~
    Thank you~~

CIMG0115.jpg
    This is normal, and won't change. The production profile server is only updated with public released device & webOS version combinations, and in rare cases (as in the case of the 3G TouchPad) it takes a number of weeks after the public release for this to happen (it only happened for the 3G TouchPad when the OTA went live, a couple of weeks after the doctor was available).

It has also been determined on the XDA forums where the TouchPad development server details were leaked that the development server is not accepting new device registrations. So unless your device is already registered, you will never be able to create a profile on that device.

However, you may be able to use Impostah to make that device report itself as a normal TouchPad and thereby create a profile. Of course you'd have to send me the device for testing first ...

You may even be able to use Meta-Doctor to create a doctor out of those two tar files. Again, I'd need the devlce for testing first ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/17/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    johncampanale likes this.
    How is this humanly possible?
    I thought the only TouchPad Go units available were "Prototype" units.
    How did you manage to get it?
    How much did you spend (US dollars)?

- bewildered

filled with jealous rage
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Kimboo, laoh, jcmarcos and 2 others like this.
    Maybe they made them at the factory like the pre 3's and they'll leak to ebay too! That'd be sweet, but surely cost a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post

filled with jealous rage
    beyond rage.
    my "palms" are sweating about this.

- bewildered 2x
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    !!! Want !!!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Wow... a TouchPad Go in the wild. More pics, please.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    Vistaus and VCI_Cell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    However, you may be able to use Impostah to make that device report itself as a normal TouchPad and thereby create a profile. Of course you'd have to send me the device for testing first ...

You may even be able to use Meta-Doctor to create a doctor out of those two tar files. Again, I'd need the devlce for testing first ...

-- Rod
    Look at that Rod always willing to lend a hand.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    And there is another question...I got the ROM from the former owner(who I believe is an HP employee), and it's not a doctor.jar, but two .tar files. So I downloaded the doctor for touchpad 4g, unzipped the .jar file, and found the two .tar files are actually as ./resources/webOS.tar and att.tar in the TP 4G doctor. Is there a way to flash the device without doctor? or how can I make my own doctor with the 2 .tar files?
    Rod's information in the previous post should be enough to get you going using Impostah, but you may still want to send the device to him for further testing Since I'm a lot closer (think you and I are both in California), you may want to instead ship it to me for that testing. Shipping charges will be cheaper, and I'll pay the cost (both ways). Might take us a few weeks (or even more) to complete that testing though. We don't want to do a half ast job of it.

On a more serious note, can you ask the seller if he wouldn't mind checking with some of his co-workers to find a couple more of these before they end up on eBay or CL and possibly end up in the hands of someone who doesn't truly appreciate how wonderful weBOS is. You can PM me if you buddy strikes oil! Two oil wells would even be better. Then I can ship one to Rod!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    BTW, if the OP DM's me the output of the Show Properties app, and the Device Profile information from Impostah, I should be able to add support for it in Meta-Doctor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    First the TouchStone Audio Dock and now this... I can't take any more cool WebOS-stuff that other people can have, that i can't! xD

Seriously, have fun with it! We all envy you
    Last edited by Kimboo; 11/17/2011 at 05:00 PM.
    WANT!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Anyone want to buy a slightly used left leg? Will swap for a TouchPad GO.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Look at that Rod always willing to lend a hand.
    And 'TTB' following-up in hot persuit, asap!!

Perhaps there is still more 'parts inventory' for Go's than we know of?

Enjoy!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/17/2011 at 06:31 PM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Wow, finally a real TP Go in the wild, awesome! :-)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is normal, and won't change. The production profile server is only updated with public released device & webOS version combinations, and in rare cases (as in the case of the 3G TouchPad) it takes a number of weeks after the public release for this to happen (it only happened for the 3G TouchPad when the OTA went live, a couple of weeks after the doctor was available).

It has also been determined on the XDA forums where the TouchPad development server details were leaked that the development server is not accepting new device registrations. So unless your device is already registered, you will never be able to create a profile on that device.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. So that means I can never register my TP Go on the development server. What a shame...because as I know, it seems that this device once registered on the server, and as I asked, the seller deleted it from her own profile before she ship that to me. I was meant to create my own profile, but now that's impossible.

And as you mentioned, I can create a doctor with Meta-Doctor, is there a wiki or something to tell me how?

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    Thanks Rod. So that means I can never register my TP Go on the development server. What a shame...because as I know, it seems that this device once registered on the server, and as I asked, the seller deleted it from her own profile before she ship that to me. I was meant to create my own profile, but now that's impossible.

And as you mentioned, I can create a doctor with Meta-Doctor, is there a wiki or something to tell me how?
    It's worth a try if you have the details. It will either work or not

There is plenty of information about the Meta-Doctor, but to develop a reliable solution for a device like this, I would seriously need to have it in hand (that wasn't a joke).

To try and tell you how to do something remotely would risk being able to use that unique device, since we don't have a working doctor for it.

-- Rod
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod's information in the previous post should be enough to get you going using Impostah, but you may still want to send the device to him for further testing Since I'm a lot closer (think you and I are both in California), you may want to instead ship it to me for that testing. Shipping charges will be cheaper, and I'll pay the cost (both ways). Might take us a few weeks (or even more) to complete that testing though. We don't want to do a half ast job of it.

On a more serious note, can you ask the seller if he wouldn't mind checking with some of his co-workers to find a couple more of these before they end up on eBay or CL and possibly end up in the hands of someone who doesn't truly appreciate how wonderful weBOS is. You can PM me if you buddy strikes oil! Two oil wells would even be better. Then I can ship one to Rod!
    I would really like to ship it to you guys, but i'm in beijing, not California (T_T)...as I know, all the other TP Go's leaked(at least 3 more as far as I know) are in china. It seems the TP Go is developed specially for china market(btw, since the trademark "Touchpad" has already been registered in china, the official name of TP Go was to be "Palmpad". How lovely!).
    Fortunately, the other owners are also all big fans of webOS.
    Is there anyway Rod can "remote" test your Palmpad?
    I'm in Chengdu.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast