Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm not interested in detailed hand-holding unless there's a device coming my way somehow.

Having said that, I personally would not use homebrew applications or patches on a device for which I did not have a verified working webOS doctor, so creating and testing a webOS doctor solution would be the first thing I would personally do -- Rod
    Getting Rod one of these devices will benefit the whole community. Plus, he might even be willing to hold your hand if you can make the arrangements to get him one of these. Now that's a bargain in itself!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I have a pretouchgo. Only one was made as an idea. It's slightly larger than a pre3 smaller than a touchpad go, has an optional slideout keyboard as well as a vkb. has a 10x zoom camera on both sides, video is superb, SD slot, video out as well as in, projector, led flashlight, bluetooth, wifi, Infrared, FM, solar power, GPS, Audio in and out, scanner, has a 3ghz dual processor, supported by, netflix, facebook, youtube, Apple and Android apps, FBI, CIA, Secret service, the President and Jesus. Will be made availabele In The Coming Months (like Shape services RDM+) or Soon (like Documents to go).
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I have a pretouchgo. Only one was made as an idea. It's slightly larger than a pre3 smaller than a touchpad go, has an optional slideout keyboard as well as a vkb. has a 10x zoom camera on both sides, video is superb, SD slot, video out as well as in, projector, led flashlight, bluetooth, wifi, Infrared, FM, solar power, GPS, Audio in and out, scanner, has a 3ghz dual processor, supported by, netflix, facebook, youtube, Apple and Android apps, FBI, CIA, Secret service, the President and Jesus. Will be made availabele In The Coming Months (like Shape services RDM+) or Soon (like Documents to go).
    Awesome. What's the battery life like?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Some nice products there - I've just registered my webOS products, too. You can also register your TouchStone and Bluetooth keyboard, but unfortunately they've no serial number so you can't finish the registration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    What's the number under the HP BTKB battery cover then?
    Mine says: 'Serial No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
    *lol* ... thank you, I've looked at the box only as HP suggested. I have also found the S/N on my TouchStone, but need to find someone with better eyes to be able to read it
    Pre≥ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Seriously, which company, large or small would only produce -->10 'prototypes' in a potential market of 100's of 000's +?

Anyone got any idea of an industry 'standard' (ie. cost effective) minimum production-run of any such new components required?
    Big difference between production and producing prototypes. Companies will often produce a few tens of devices as for testing purposes and will pay for small numbers of parts if necessary - all part of the product development process.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Awesome. What's the battery life like?

-- Rod
    Yes.. I saw the Spec. Sheet for that Unit too.. it in fact had a Micro Nuclear-Electro Power Supply fitted.. but the lead shielding required made it all too heavy.. one of the main reasons they ended up 'dropping' it!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/22/2011 at 11:26 PM.
    Yes.. I saw the Spec. Sheet for that Unit too.. it in fact had a Micro Nuclear-Electro Power Supply fitted.. but the lead shielding required made it all too heavy.. one of the main reasons they ended up 'droping' it!

Yeah, before they gave it to me they asked if I was gonna have anymore kids. They also said while operating it is recommended that I use a lead apron and thyroid collar. Whatever that means!
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutblank View Post
    Interesting. I registered my Touchpad GO and at the confirmation page they tell my that the model name is FB441UA. But on my device I found it's FB386UA.
    I did some research. FB441UA was to be the Touchpad GO for AT&T which was timelined for release a month or two (landing a couple weeks before Christmas) after the Touchpad GO (Asia) , FB386UA.

The webOS and Touchpad story keeps chugging along, even if the devices aren't being manufactured. What a Christmas it would have been, Imagine the 7" Touchpad GO from AT&T would have been the perfect stocking stuffer this Christmas, or at least that's what was supposed to happen .....

I'm feeling nausiated again. Thanks to dufASS Leo.

Yes its possible to cry and puke at the same time .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I did some research. FB441UA was to be the Touchpad GO for AT&T which was timelined for release a month or two (landing a couple weeks before Christmas) after the Touchpad GO (Asia) , FB386UA.

The webOS and Touchpad story keeps chugging along, even if the devices aren't being manufactured. What a Christmas it would have been, Imagine the 7" Touchpad GO from AT&T would have been the perfect stocking stuffer this Christmas, or at least that's what was supposed to happen .....

I'm feeling nausiated again. Thanks to dufASS Leo.

Yes its possible to cry and puke at the same time .....
    Horrible....

I am crying and puking as well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    JUST SAD...

I am happy with my 10" tablet, so 7" wouldnt be for me...but wanted to get one for the kids and 10 is too big so I went with a cheap $130 Zenithink ZT-280 C71 with Android 2.3 for them.

NOW...I could use a PRe 3 or 4 if it worked on Sprint.

JUST SAD!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Seriously. Enough with the salt and lemon in the wounds. I can't hear myself think whilst I try to activate my Veer Plus 2 which is charging on the 3rd Gen bluetooth Touchstone laser printer/flux capacitor.

*sigh* enjoy your Touchpad Go.....
  12. eqr
    May I re-open this thread?

Since the announcement that webos is being released to open source, does this mean that the formerly secret and protected files necessary to update the Go can be shared by those who have them and would be willing ? )
    Quote Originally Posted by eqr View Post
    May I re-open this thread?

Since the announcement that webos is being released to open source, does this mean that the formerly secret and protected files necessary to update the Go can be shared by those who have them and would be willing ? )
    All that has happened so far is an announcement of an intention to open source webOS at some point in the future. The status of current file copyright has not changed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I need help, too. I have HP Touchpad Go , Model HSTNH-I32C, webOS 3.0.0.
    It's activated and I have HP webOS account and access to payable applications on HP App Catalog.
    How can I upgrade it to webOS 3.0.3. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey_ns View Post
    I need help, too. I have HP Touchpad Go , Model HSTNH-I32C, webOS 3.0.0.
    It's activated and I have HP webOS account and access to payable applications on HP App Catalog.
    How can I upgrade it to webOS 3.0.3. ?
    From the same person from which you got the device - there is no public method since it is not a released device.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123