Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wickedcontra
  1.    #1  
    Just saw a couple of post hating on HP because they ran out of touchpads...
    they were PLENTY when they were released. I bought 2, got a refund from best buy to match fire sale prices. Hp game me $100 for apps, got some money from a rebate because I had a pre-.

Hp is been hella good to me if I say so...
    Blame your self if a company stop selling something that you wanted and you were not quick to grab one.
    C_McGuire and Fisack23 like this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    true, but some people tried really hard....

I got in on Onsale, cancelled, then tried for 1.5 weeks. finally did the staples kiosk thing and got my order in.

Some were lucky, some were not. Some actually TRIED, some didn't. Don't need to hate
    Then there's always ebay for the rest of us who were saving up and willing to buy one at full price even before the discontinuation news/fire sale, tried really hard during the fire sale, and got the unreleased 4G version as a reward for all the disappointment.

30 days of sobriety from complaints over the issue. Do I get a coin for this?
    Funny, no one had any real interest prior to the fire sale, myself included. I liked the TouchPad when I demoed it on release day at my local big box store. Didn't think much about it until the fire sale. That's when the obsession began. I read the reviews and did the research, soon realizing that I missed the boat. This is a $500 device that is very similar to Apple's first generation iPad. At $99 it was the deal of the year.

I turned to Craigslist and have been very happy with my purchase. No hate for HP here!
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDCONTRA View Post
    Just saw a couple of post hating on HP because they ran out of touchpads...
    they were PLENTY when they were released. I bought 2, got a refund from best buy to match fire sale prices. Hp game me $100 for apps, got some money from a rebate because I had a pre-.

Hp is been hella good to me if I say so...
    Blame your self if a company stop selling something that you wanted and you were not quick to grab one.
    Exactly! I got in during the feeding frenzy and am very thankful to have one (32Gb). HP is alright by me.
    I got one during the firesale.. but now want another one. Sucks trying to find one on Craigslist when people are selling them for a lot more, plus they contact you then sell it to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I got one during the firesale.. but now want another one. Sucks trying to find one on Craigslist when people are selling them for a lot more, plus they contact you then sell it to someone else.
    How much are they selling for new in box? I have an extra I might part with.
    ~~~
    There were a good plenty of folks that couldn't get in on the fire sales, and simply can't afford the $200 or so in their budget to get the base 16GB version. Yes, not everyone fits inside that awesome "you should just spend more" argument people are trotting out. For them, it was an awesome opportunity they just couldn't take advantage of. Does that mean they're entitled to get one? Obviously not, but I can understand their frustrations at the same time. Surely you've been on the other end of the stick at some point in life, right?

That said, I'm not sure heaping scorn on complainers is really adding anything constructive other than to **** them off even more. I have a 32GB I bought the day after launch, but I don't see fit to start a thread bragging that I got one, much less multiple units or huge credits to use toward apps.
    hating HP because they ran out of the TP?????

they need to get a life, the bandwagon left the station a long, long time ago, Ebay or Craigs list, unless you find an active sale, most are bundles from actual retailers....

I am currently trying to obtain/find the very rare 3g/4g model with working sim slot and the rear facing camera.....they are available, price range $400 to $800+, and they have their own little 'quirks' with the 3.0.4 webOs. I tried to pull the trigger on one I found in the UK priced right, alas, no shipping stateside when I went to checkout...no way I will spend $800, but $350 to $400 and I am on it post haste....

it is what it is, still abundant supplies of the 16 and 32, just a bit more expensive, even @$175 to $275, still a great bargain...
    Lol, I'm having problems selling the spare I have. 32gb with the touchstone dock and screen protector, not one bid at $250. After ebay and paypal fees I wouldn't see a profit, can't seem to break even.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    lol the best buy store I work at still had 6 as of yesterday for the buy any hp computer get a 32 gig touchpad for 149.00 . All you hsveto dois buy a cheap hp laptop sale it on ebay and get a new touchpad
  12.    #12  
    Vanadium, don't get me wrong please. Im not bragging, its just upsetting how people want to take their anger on a company that made some mistakes because they weren't fast enough to get a deal. A 600 touchpad is not for everyone, I have those with sacrifices I made prior to the launch.
    I want people to come in here and see that the touchpad is a great device and that Hp is not to blame if you did not get one.

My apologies if I came out to strong.
    Sometimes I get mad at yard sales.... Somebody always beats me to the bell bottoms and old bowling pins.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com