1.    #1  
    This link suggests that HP is emailing customers and asking for detailed feedback regarding their user experience with the Touchpad.

HP taking feedback of Touchpad customers, we suspect something fishy TamsPalm - the Palm OS / web OS Blog

EDIT: Precentral is running a headline article on this!

Kind of strange for a cancelled product. Could this mean that Meg Whitman is seriously considering keeping WebOS???
    Last edited by Anne_Lente; 11/16/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    This could be for marketing of the new Windows tablets. They're learning from their webOS customers to help them with the next gen tablets.

They asked what we liked most and least about it, etc.

I didn't construe this as something that could lead to resurrecting the TouchPad at all.

They're just collecting marketing information.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    This could be for marketing of the new Windows tablets. They're learning from their webOS customers to help them with the next gen tablets.

They asked what we liked most and least about it, etc.

I didn't construe this as something that could lead to resurrecting the TouchPad at all.

They're just collecting marketing information.
    Don't forget the stylus question

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I took the survey. It seemed some of the questions were geared toward making a decision to keep making a Tablet or not. Some were geared toward if they kept making Tablets should they keep webOS or not. Others seemed to be designed to help decide what improvements to make should they decide to keep making Tablets and/or webOS.

The bottom line is this seemed like it was trying to gather data to help make the decisions, instead of any sort of confirmation that a decision has been made and them trying to move forward. This also leads me to believe that no decision will be made until at least the survey ends, and the data is compiled and reviewed.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Read this thread/post to take the survey.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...il-survey.html
    I took the survey. The killer application for me is the outlook-like plugin for Salesforce.com and webex for calendering and yes.. the Calendaring system to look up shared calendars. Without those I'm missing a bunch of capabilities for sales automation. I'm sure there are more but those I use every day for work. And yes, I'm looking to buy another 32 GB Touchpad for $200 for my dad as a Kindle reader, email, contacts db, and web browser. I'd pay 300 for the 64 GB one if anyone wants to sell one.
    Oh, by the way, Yes, I'd probably buy a stripped windows OS version, if it was as fast, not bloat-ware and had great battery life. But it has to be stable and fast and has a user interface which is easy to use with a finger. Shouldn't be that hard should it?? And it had all of the synergy features. Bottom line a laptop replacement would be very nice for work and home entertainment.
    Most survey results could probably be read/interpreted in whichever way you 'wanted' to read them.. therefore this one could equally also 'provide' sufficient reasons to NOT continue with webOS.. and thus even provide further 'excuses' for HP to move to Win8?

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    My thinking is, considering that HP (Meg Whitman) said 1-2 weeks ago that it was evaluating what it wants to do with webOS, is that it is determining whether or not whether their next tablet, which almost definitely be a Windows 8 tablet, should have a dual boot/dual operating system with both Windows 8 and webOS. Keep in mind that "smartphone" operating systems to this point have focused on simple games and other applications that aren't available (or at least aren't commonly available) in Windows, and also keep in mind that Windows Phone 7/7.5 hasn't gained much market share at this point. (I assume elements of WP 7/7.5 will be incorporated into Windows 8.) Tablets going forward, especially after Windows 8 launches, will become truer "work/play" devices (especially if they have custom-made detachable keyboards, ala the ASUS Transformer and Transformer Prime), and the play end of things will be weak on those Windows 8 tablets, at least in the short term, if Windows Phone OS doesn't start gaining appreciable market share. Keeping webOS around also gives HP a potential advantage over other computer manufacturers (excluding Apple of course) who will be relying on Windows 8 and/or Android OS for their single/dual OS tablets (and subsequently will get limited revenue from app sales through the OS "store"). The HP TouchPad firesale and bundle packages, if nothing else, have given HP an installed user base that has some familiarity with webOS, which will encourage some developers to develop for the TouchPad if they know webOS isn't dead. If people like webOS, HP may keep it around, and if they don't, HP will kill or sell it off.