Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    I thought you had to have a properly tuned pair Beats Audio headphones to fully appreciate this, (cough,cough), but I'm more inclined to believe ggendel's interpretation, (above).
    Wiki notes the article on Beats audio needs work and is written like an advertisment. It mentions of "high end capabilities". I always thought "capable" meant 'not yet.
    The Official HP write-up says :
    Features:
    - Redesigned headphone jack to reduce ground noise
    - Discrete amplifier for more power
    - Dedicated audio Island to minimize fan noise interference.
    - Function + B to engage Beats Audio™

Whether or not the source has to be Dr. Dre produced is not mentioned Perhaps someone who has a pair of beats could listen to Dre's "Deeez Nuuuts" and tell me the sonic nirvana they achieve.

Our very own reggieb gave a critical listen over here
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ting-hype.html
    Hard to say if they'll ever release a "Beats by Yo-Yo Ma"
    You plug your phone in?
    Engadget had an independent lab test the claims of Beats Audio when they reviewed the HTC Sensation XE. And it's an objective and thorough battery of tests, to boot. Facts are awesome!

"We know that the Beats Audio EQ can sound great with the right type of music, but we need something more objective than that. So, with EQs as our starting point, we decided to test out HTC's claims about Beats Audio with help from the friendly chaps at AMS Acoustics in North London. Thanks to their input, we now have a ton of objective information about exactly what Beats Audio does."

[...]

"At this point, we can debunk one of HTC's more ostentatious claims about Beats Audio, which is that it somehow "reengineers" music to make it sound "the way the artist intended." For this to be true, the Beats Audio EQ would need to flatten the system's output, to make music sound more faithful to the source recording -- just as studio monitors do. But Beats Audio does no such thing."

[...]

"If we take a step back from all these charts and consider the fundamental value of what Beats Audio achieves, then we have to come down squarely on the side of the skeptics. No matter how much effort we put into testing this thing, the fact remains that these 'sound profiles' are just EQ settings."

Skip to the 'Audio' section of the review for charts and graphs and, more importantly, facts!
    HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review -- Engadget

Just buy yourself a pair of Sony MDR-V6 studio monitor headphones instead for around $70 if you want top-notch aural fidelity; they've been around since 1985, have amazing range, can take a lot of banging around, and audio engineers still swear by them as some of the best cans in the industry regardless of value. If you don't believe me, Google it. I treasure my pair.
    I wish I could locate some of the old RadioShack Pro-25s, I think they were. The $90 Koss open-air Titanium headphones re-branded for RadioShack that used to sell for $40, and were often half-price. I think either Koss stopped making them, or started selling them at less than RS did, which killed their desireability to a degree.

It's unfortunate that the TouchPad makes a terrible music device in so many other ways, because it really does have great sound.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #24  
    I appreciate any help I can get!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    1 Download Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon to TouchPad.
    2 turn it on, turn it up! (sounds better than my laptop)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaiire View Post
    It's equalization, modifying/correcting the irregular output frequency response of the internal amplifier's electric circuitry. It happens to be in this case a bass and mid booster setting, something the internal speakers are already poor at reproducing. For earphones, of course any music will sound better than the internal speakers quality wise. It's a marketing gimmick to call it Dr. Beats, that's my point! Dr. Beats didn't make a difference to that sound being who he is, the equalizer did! If they just gave you "equalizers" with ton of settings, the effect would be the same to the sound, but because it's "Dr. Beats", there is an entire thread with people praising it :P (Marketing Gimmick 101)
    I agree, I'd prefer a full band EQ to mess with. But people like my parents wouldn't know what the hell to do with and EQ, beats audio takes care of the tuning for them and sounds very good.

Yes internal speakers are crap, what else is new. Plugged in or good head phones it makes the difference.
  7.    #27  
    I have learned a lot of practical things, thank you!
  8.    #28  
    I had a wonderful time here.
    I plugged in some Beats headphones to my TouchPad, they sounded .. terrible. ALL BASS ALL THE TIME. I turned Beats off. There was a barely audible "click" when i hit the soft switch for it. No change in the audio at all, though. I waited a few seconds, and turned it back on. Again a barely audible "click", and no change. Seems like it may actually only be good for Dre's music.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    For what it's worth, on my Etymotic headphones, the Beats software option on the Touchpad was pretty subtle. It made the bass just a touch too boomy for my liking though, so I prefer it off.

The software option does literally nothing for the speakers though.
    Funny thing with the Beats...

When I plug in my normal 25 cheap Samsung headphones, it's too quiet. I can't hear nothing, then I disable Beats in the Audio Settings and the headphones are normal loud quality?

What's that about?!

Also I often have to restart my Touchpad because all the audio goes tinny due to pulse audio problems??

Beats what?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12