1.    #1  
    Or should I go through with a full WebOS doctoring? I had uberkernel installed.
    secure full erase will not restore the original kernel or undo any other patches. you can either uninstall the uberkernel and other patches before doing the secure full erase, or go ahead and doctor it after the full erase. The latter is probably preferrable for a device you're selling, just to make absolutely sure the buyer is getting a clean device.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    secure full erase will not restore the original kernel or undo any other patches. you can either uninstall the uberkernel and other patches before doing the secure full erase, or go ahead and doctor it after the full erase. The latter is probably preferrable for a device you're selling, just to make absolutely sure the buyer is getting a clean device.
    Okay I'm secure full erasing now, then I'll doctor it. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    Okay I'm secure full erasing now, then I'll doctor it. Thanks!
    Definitely do webOS Doctor. It only takes 10 minutes(more or less).

Do not forget to log into your webOS account and remove the Touchpad.
    Change your acct password after that...
  5.    #5  
    I did the full erase and now it forgot all my log in information and such. do i need to re enter all these preferences to be able to WebOS doctor it?
    no, you don't want to re-activate the touchpad after doing the erase. just reboot it into recovery mode (hold volume up) and doctor it.
    after webOS Doctor, just leave the Touchpad as is....

when the buyer turns it on for the first time, he/she will see the language selection menu,
    just like when you first took it out of the box.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    no, you don't want to re-activate the touchpad after doing the erase. just reboot it into recovery mode (hold volume up) and doctor it.
    I'm following these directions (except without removing the battery...) to a tee and its not booting in recovery mode...

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
  9.    #9  
    I'm following these directions (except without removing the battery...) to a tee and its not booting in recovery mode...

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    bump
    bump
    You will need to put your touchpad into recovery mode,

first turn off you touchpad then hold down volume up and power button and will go into recover mode

Connect USB cable between Windows PC and Touchpad
    Go to the HP profile manager website and select download webOS Doctor

Follow the steps on screen

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Could have sworn I left a post in here.

OP, how much are you asking for yours, if I may ask? 16 or 32gb? Private sale? Auction?

I'd love to dump mine for something that actually works.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
    Could have sworn I left a post in here.

OP, how much are you asking for yours, if I may ask? 16 or 32gb? Private sale? Auction?

I'd love to dump mine for something that actually works.
    Going to do a fixed price Buy it Now sale on eBay, probably about $230 shipped for my TP w/ Skinomi Techskin on it + HP Touchpad soft case
    Going to do a fixed price Buy it Now sale on eBay, probably about $230 shipped for my TP w/ Skinomi Techskin on it + HP Touchpad soft case
    Good luck. I'm going to shoot for a little more, but we'll see.