Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just received a survey request regarding the Touchpad from HP. Of course, they asked PC questions towards the end.

I was suprised to see this survey come across, at this point in the game, and it could be pointless....but who knows?

Looks like we all can take the survey with this link:

https://www.rmrsurveys.com/mrIweb/mr...oject=T1107220

I had to remove the PID number from the end of the link, as it is unique, but you can basically type in almost any number (as long as it has not been used) and continue on with the survey.

I am not sure if the "non official" surveys will actually go through or not, but it only takes a few minutes.
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 11/15/2011 at 12:28 PM.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    just finished it - interesting questions and a lot of math to do
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    It took a while, but there is only a space to write comments at the beginning. I was expecting something at the end, and was planning to write down my wish list for future webos update (i.e. things to fix, same size as 3.0.2, etc). Waste of time, really.
    It's frustrating to see how fragmented things are at HP: Issuing surveys about a product that is dead is puzzling to say the least. But I have to say that the survey contains some very interesting questions. Take for example those about things you don't like in the Touchpad: It seems they are perfectly aware of the limitations, and want a survey about them, to prioritize.

I did a fake survey, as I don't have a TouchPad (I'm the type of guy who doesn't need a tablet). It has been fun answering questions just by opinions I've red here. It's as if I knew the product so much as actuallly having it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    It's frustrating to see how fragmented things are at HP: Issuing surveys about a product that is dead is puzzling to say the least. But I have to say that the survey contains some very interesting questions. Take for example those about things you don't like in the Touchpad: It seems they are perfectly aware of the limitations, and want a survey about them, to prioritize.

I did a fake survey, as I don't have a TouchPad (I'm the type of guy who doesn't need a tablet). It has been fun answering questions just by opinions I've red here. It's as if I knew the product so much as actuallly having it!
    if hp is sending out a survey, this is probably very important as suggests they are trying to rethink touchpad for the new business plan. This should be a front page story.
    Perhaps if enough people answer in the positive re. WebOS etc then HP can also use the survey to claim how popular and therefore SALEABLE their 'product' (ie. webOS!) actually is (or else if the converse is true, as a great reason to switch to M'$oft Win8 etc)?

this may be an hp initiated survey, or a survey by bank of america who was hired to help sell webos for hp, to get some sense of the market for webos.

I don't know why we have to live in a 2-3 mobile OS world.

there are plenty of people out there and choice is always good. Surely there are many people like me that admire apple but don't like the iphone, drool over android hardware but stress over their fragmentation and the rapid turnover of hardware making your device obsolete after 6 months, anti-microsoft enough to avoid windows phone, and want to steer clear of blackberry because its what the tech media is telling us to do.

I want a webOS phone. It works for me. And I know I'm not the only one. I don't want to drive the mercedes or honda or toyota. There are thousands of choices for cars, and more than 2 or 3 models and companies sell. Some devs made a good profit from the touchpad firesale. If hp or another company can figure out how to sell another million webos devices, webos will be fine.

hopefully meg is looking into the positive aspects of webos and not dwelling on the negatives.
    Received a pretty long survey from a third party working on behalf of HP this morning, with most of it centered around TP and webOS satisfaction/dissatisfaction and areas for desired improvements. Looks like Meg is being straight when she says they're looking at all options. I know a bunch of us are are really upset at HP and their shenanigans, so hopefully we'll all be objective and give good feedback re positives and negatives so HP can (for once) make the right decisions re the TP and webOS...
  9.    #9  
    This is taken directly from the email:

Dear HP Customer,

Russell Research, working in partnership with HP, needs your opinions for a survey about your HP TouchPad. The survey should take only a few minutes to complete.

This survey will give you the chance to tell HP how you feel about their products, and also how you use them. The answers you provide will help HP better meet the needs of their customers, and in addition make strategic decisions about their products and services
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It's such a good sign that HP is really considering keeping webOS. People who received the survey please leave positive feedback about webOS experience on behave of everybody here!

edit:
    so like OP said everybody can take the survey with random pid. Just finished mine and it's long.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by matchqq; 11/15/2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I completed it, indicated webOS, synergy and multitasking as positives where I could, because its the truth.
    I want a survey. Guess they don't want my input
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #13  
    eblade go here for more details and to be able to take the survey:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...il-survey.html

We should probably merge threads.
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just got the survey too. Wasn't sure if it was for real since the TP is a dead product.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    I got a survey as a downloader of Twynergy.

Didn't get a Touchpad survey though.

Hope ya'all aren't screwing up all their metrics by making up id numbers... or replacing one guy's survey over and over haha
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I got a survey as a downloader of Twynergy.

Didn't get a Touchpad survey though.

Hope ya'all aren't screwing up all their metrics by making up id numbers... or replacing one guy's survey over and over haha
    Actually - anyone going to that link might very well be screwing the results, such that they might have to throw out the results and think about starting over.

If they are strict in their research, they are looking to sample a population. If they wanted to include us, they would have sent us emails.

Of course, if they know that they have that many unsolicited responses to their survey, they might actually take that as proof enough of continuing webOS.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I want a survey.

2 TPs and a Pre+ currently (lots of other Palm/HP stuff in closet), but apparently I am not worthy.
    However, I agree with frank-barnett and I won't just randomly log in.
  19.    #19  
    It the moderators would prefer that I remove the link I will, or they can. I would think though, that a large response, granted if the response is not negative, would create more of a positive reaction from the research group and/or HP.

I am not saying this will save anything, I am just hoping that a few of the issues I pointed out, and that were already mentioned in the survey, are ones that can and will come out as an update.

Side Note:
    It would be cool if there was a notification on the Touchpad itself that asks you if you would like to take a survey. If you were to select it from the notification area it would open the site and take you to the survey. This way everyone who has a Touchpad has the option to take it. Some may consider this an "ad" or "spam" but if they only did it occasionally, and you had the option to dismiss it, I think I would be a good idea...Even on other devices.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    I want a survey.

2 TPs and a Pre+ currently (lots of other Palm/HP stuff in closet), but apparently I am not worthy.
    However, I agree with frank-barnett and I won't just randomly log in.
    If you agree with frank-barnett, then you are still at square one, as his comments did not state one way over the other, but how both could be positive and negative. Granted, I could have interpreted his comment wrong.

Hopefully you will get an official survey.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast