Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Just got an e-mail ad. If you are still trying to snag one try Circuitcity.com.

CircuitCity.com
    This drives me crazy. It is becoming increasingly clear that all of the 'second run TouchPads' are being bundled with an HP PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This drives me crazy. It is becoming increasingly clear that all of the 'second run TouchPads' are being bundled with an HP PC.
    Edit: Yeah its another bundle.
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 11/14/2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: I was wrong lol :D
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    It's 150 dollars after rebate. It's not a bundle from what I saw.

I got this email this morning. I was surprised not many people have seen this yet.
    It is a bundle..look more closely at option 2

"Buy an HP PC or Laptop and save more!"
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    It is a bundle..look more closely at option 2

"Buy an HP PC or Laptop and save more!"
    My bad, I just saw that when you add it to your cart, it says 150 dollars after rebate.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    If HP were smart back in August, they would have started by bundling TouchPads with computers. A TP for $150 with a bundle sounds like a pretty good deal, except for the firesale. HP could have kept shelf space through the holidays in BestBuy, WalMart and other retailers. HP could have avoided giving all money back to the first adopters with a bundling package because it would have been apples to oranges.

I am glad I received a firesale TP from HP and another one off of the secondary market, but HP's firesale now followed by bundling was not much of a business plan, IMHO. Some of us were just the beneficiaries of HP's misguided decisions.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Circuit City is owned by tiger direct. its one and the same company.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    If HP were smart back in August, they would have started by bundling TouchPads with computers. A TP for $150 with a bundle sounds like a pretty good deal, except for the firesale. HP could have kept shelf space through the holidays in BestBuy, WalMart and other retailers. HP could have avoided giving all money back to the first adopters with a bundling package because it would have been apples to oranges.

I am glad I received a firesale TP from HP and another one off of the secondary market, but HP's firesale now followed by bundling was not much of a business plan, IMHO. Some of us were just the beneficiaries of HP's misguided decisions.
    I concur, though I think the backwards plan is due to change in leadership at HP. Had the current leadership been in place in July/August, there would not have been a fire-sale.

On a slightly related note, I think the fire-sale boosted interest in the Kindle Fire to an even higher level than it would have had otherwise. People are interested in buying tablets, just not at $500.
    If someone is already looking to buy a new computer and wants a touchpad for another $150, not a bad deal. To buy a new computer just to get the touchpad at a fire sale price is a bit silly in that you can't find new touchpads for $250 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    Circuit City is owned by tiger direct. its one and the same company.
    I was just going to ask since i thought Circuit City stores went out of business a few years ago.