Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am selling my TouchPad to a co-worker. I want to erase all data and restore my TouchPad to factory settings before I sell it. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?

    TIA!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    I am selling my TouchPad to a co-worker. I want to erase all data and restore my TouchPad to factory settings before I sell it. Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?

    TIA!
    Device info > Reset options > Secure Full Erase
  3.    #3  
    Does this delete all my personal info, web browser cookies/saved passwords, installed apps, Govnah, over-clock etc.?
  4. #4  
    Yes,
    Just DO NOT setup again with your WebOS account.
    Leave that step up to the new owner, it is best to conduct the transfer near wifi
    so the new owner can create a webos account
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    Does this delete all my personal info, web browser cookies/saved passwords, installed apps, Govnah, over-clock etc.?
    No - secure full erase AND a WebOS doctor restore will remove all of the kernel and patches and restore to factory
  6. #6  
    Listen to Doctor_K and doctor it before you sell it.
  7. #7  
    Why not pass all the kernel goodness to the new owner then?
  8.    #8  
    I did the Secure Full Erase and my TouchPad is just sitting there showing Erasing for the past 30 mins. The circle in the center though is going round and round. Is this normal? Does it usually take this long?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    I did the Secure Full Erase and my TouchPad is just sitting there showing Erasing for the past 30 mins. The circle in the center though is going round and round. Is this normal? Does it usually take this long?
    Thank you this worked.

Posting Permissions