1.    #1  
    Seriously. The browser never downloads things correctly. Instead, downloads a small 30kb file that obviously doesn't open.

Is there any solution to this?
    I've had a pretty good experience download wise with the TP. What file type are you trying to download/install? Are you using internalz?
    No issues here.. I download files etc all the time. Any specific examples?
    it has problems Downloading secure files or files from sites that require a password (blackboard, certain forums, etc). it had something to do with the browser not handling the authorization cookies when downloading, there was a patch with 3.0.2 that added basic auth cookie handling and sometimes worked but you had to rename the file afterwards and add a correct extension . If I am not mistaken this is an issue that has been dragged tor way too Long (its the same on my pre)
    Can only second that, downloading is really annoying or better put, most times does not work. I hope this will be fixed with the next update!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    People are working on it, keep an eye on http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-3-0-4-a.html
    webOS security model simply doesn't allow one app (the download manager) to share the same security keys as another app (the app you're using to request the file). Yeah, it does kinda suck, but maybe some time it'll get fixed. In the meantime, of course, there are the links mentioned above, another way to deal with it is to Splashtop or RDP into your home, download it that way, and email it to your TouchPad.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I've yet to find a file that wouldn't work.. do you guys have a link so I can see what you are talking about?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I read where wpa2 on the router is the best to use. What are you using?
    Mine is great for downloading
    I know downloading PDF bank/credit card statements do not work on TP.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    People are working on it, keep an eye on http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-3-0-4-a.html
    Perfect. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Although not completed, I'm glad someone is aware of the issue.
    another one: I want to download a mp4 video from my dropbox webpage via the browser. When I click on the link it opens the video app instead, but the file fails to play it goes back to the browser. How the hack can idownload it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by djsvetljo View Post
    another one: I want to download a mp4 video from my dropbox webpage via the browser. When I click on the link it opens the video app instead, but the file fails to play it goes back to the browser. How the hack can idownload it ?
    2.99 will get you the dropbox app
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    Why do you have to pay for a drop box app? That's crazy when you get it free on other platforms. I would use box.net instead since they at least provide a free app.

HP really need to fix these issues with their web browser.
    Simply put, supply and demand.

Personally I use my free 50 gigs with box.net for my cloud storage/backups.

I do have a dropbox account for collaboration projects.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...