Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just purchased my 32 GB touchpad the other day! I'm running webos 3.04. I cannot seem to get the camera to work. I press the icon under the apps tab within launcher and it brings up a page with gray background with the icon in the center and doesn't do anything beyond that.
    I've already restarted many times, used webdoc, erased apps and data within reset options and still nothing. Doesn't seem to work in Skype either. Anybody experience similiar problems?
    is it in a case? Sounds like the camera port is covered...
    There's a couple of free apps in the catalogue that work for me. What kernel are you using?
    Try going back to recovery (stock) kernel, reboot, then re-install the kernel you want to use. I'm using Uberkernel @ 1.5. It' stable + I get good battery life.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by accordi4 View Post
    Just purchased my 32 GB touchpad the other day! I'm running webos 3.04. I cannot seem to get the camera to work. I press the icon under the apps tab within launcher and it brings up a page with gray background with the icon in the center and doesn't do anything beyond that.
    I've already restarted many times, used webdoc, erased apps and data within reset options and still nothing. Doesn't seem to work in Skype either. Anybody experience similiar problems?
    I'm pretty sure the Touchpad camera did not have picture taking functionallity out of the box
    the camera only functioned for Skype/videochat

there are now multiple free apps in the app store you can download for the purpose of snapshots ... quality sucks but at least it now has that functionallity if you so desire

EDIT: I see your OP says it didn't work with Skype ... in that case you may have other issues
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    got it working by doing a hard reset of pressing the power button and home! disappointed by the quality of the pics.what makes it frustrating is that the tech support did not even know this.
    Well if it was HP tech-'support'.. it doesn't surprise me very much!
    What strikes me as ridiculous is that you have to push TWO buttons at the same time.. which unless you are doing self portraits really adds to the difficulty of trying to take a picture with the camera AND the screen facing AWAY from you, as the 'photographer'!

Crazy!

I guess HP were only thinking 'Skype' when they put it all together initially!

I got the exact same problem, even "hard reset" still doesn't work. Any help?

Thanks in advance.
    same problem here too. Hard reset and doctor didn't fix my camera. I'm running 3.0.4
    I also have the same problem. My camera does not work with skype.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    You don't need an app for screenshots.

Simply hold down the center button and then press the power button. The photo will be in your photos and videos in the folder screenshots.
    Anyone who installed the "chroid", Android-in-a-webOS card from a couple of months back, will find that they do need to run Doctor to get their TouchPads back into a suitable condition to run everything properly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: