1.    #1  
    I went to bed with my TP charging on the cord it came with while I watched a movie on it. When I woke up the touchpad said it had zero battery left and wasnt charging anymore. I tried the coord on my pre phone that it always worked on and it didnt charge that either. So I assume somehow the charging cord has quit working. Anyone have advice on whats the best move from here?
  2.    #2  
    Yeah, is it common for this to happen? It has to be the cord from HP or are there other options? Dont really want another cord thats gonna burn up every time the wind blows the wrong way.
    its not the cord I don't think . Take the charger (plug) into your hands and untwist it . The end will come off . Then twist it back together . This may or may not fix your issue . When this happened to me I called HP and they sent me a new charger pack and I put it on and it worked fine. To test you will need a webOS phone charger . Swap cords with the TPad cord and see if it works or not . Then use the phone charger on the TPad and see if you get the message " you device may not charge properly" if you do get that message just tap ok and ignore it . Your TPad will charge a lot more slowly but it will work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Still under warranty, right?
  5.    #5  
    The cable is terrible. The connector Never seats properly into the Touchpad's USB socket, and causes an intermittent electrical/data connection.

The HP-supplied cable that came with the Touchpad once plugged in, the slightest touch to the tablet or the cable and you start bouncing the connection. Nothing like a shorted electrical connection to get your heart pounding.

So is there a third party cable that works reliably?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its not the cord I don't think . Take the charger (plug) into your hands and untwist it . The end will come off . Then twist it back together . This may or may not fix your issue . When this happened to me I called HP and they sent me a new charger pack and I put it on and it worked fine. To test you will need a webOS phone charger . Swap cords with the TPad cord and see if it works or not . Then use the phone charger on the TPad and see if you get the message " you device may not charge properly" if you do get that message just tap ok and ignore it . Your TPad will charge a lot more slowly but it will work.
    Ok Ill try the phone charger. I tried taking the end off still didnt work though.
    I received my TP with a bad cable, chatted with support through the touchpad and they sent me a replacement cable for free, now it works.
    monoprice.com has gold plated, high guage micro-usb cables for cheap. and they are high quality. i use these for connecting to my computer. it fits so much better than the oem cable.

i have not tried using it with the wall charger as i have a touchstone, but i will try during my next recharge and let you know.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I started having problems plugging the stock cable into my Touchpad. I am wondering if these cables are badly made or if I just damaged it when plugging it in. Luckily I had another cable laying around and haven't had any issues with that one. This one plugs in very smoothly as opposed to the stock cable which started to go in very roughly and sometimes the Touchpad would give me a warning that charging would not be optimal. I really started to worry that I was going to permanently damage the USB port so that was when I made the switch.
    Last edited by metal321; 11/13/2011 at 10:21 PM.
    The cables are fine, the one for my Pre is almost are 2 1/2 years old and it still works fine but anyways, you can buy them for almost nothing on ebay
    Could be charging port is loose. That's what happened with mine. Just plug in the cable, lay it flat and put something on the underside of the cable that will give it a slight pressure downwards(or should i say upwards.. not sure but bottom pushing up). I put my wallet there and it started to charge fine. Sent it back to HP to get it fixed and got it back in about a week and a half.
    my cable from monoprice works with the wall charger. cheap, but well made. explore some of the other items to help offset the shipping costs.