1.    #1  
    My Touchpad has been upgraded to 3.0.4 and the camera has been working fine for the time being. i havent used it much and the last time i think i used it was 4 days ago? but like now, when i open the camera app from the update, it shows the camera, blank screen, the camera working (showing the correct image appeared from the camera), and back to the camera, blank screen, the camera working again and again, each part in the loop lasting about 2-3 seconds. i tried the app "freecam for touchpad" and it runs normally, but says "error!!!! the error wasundefined" it was weird that there was no space between wasundefined. i tried restarting it over and over but no luck, anyone to help
    Sounds exactly like what happens when you use the wrong kernel.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    errrr kernel? im still a noob at this lol, well like ive only dled govnah and uberkernel, but i havent changed anything
    are you using the current version of uberkernel?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  5.    #5  
    should be, its 3.0.4-68
    Last edited by acidalvin; 11/13/2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot a part
  6.    #6  
    anyone? please help
    Same trouble with camera. Please help......
    I hate to suggest this... But maybe this is the only feasible solution for you. Use webOS doctor. Or try to remember what apps or patches you installed to your TP before it become like that. Try to uninstall them.
    Were either of you messing around with chroid ?

BTW, the current UberKernel is 3.0.4-88 not 68. Go get up to date. The -68 one was not configured correctly for the camera.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Were either of you messing around with chroid ?

BTW, the current UberKernel is 3.0.4-88 not 68. Go get up to date. The -68 one was not configured correctly for the camera.
    yeah accually i installed choid and uninstalled it a while ago, maybe thats my problem?
    Yes, but I uninstalled chroid already long time ago. Now how can I do to delete chroid completely out of device ?
    Yeah, you'll want to visit the webOS Doctor to reinstall your TouchPad, chroid does not uninstall the kernel properly when removed, so there are big problems with changing kernels after that.

You might try installing UberKernel 3.0.4-88 first, but you'll probably need to doctor to get the right kernel to begin with.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    There is no uberkernell 3.0.4 -88 on my preware. Mine still 3.0.4 -68. Is it in beta feed?
    hmm. Well I do have Alpha and Beta enabled on my TouchPad .. maybe 68 was a good version .. If that's the latest, then yeah, I'd definitely go Doctor to get rid of the remnants of chroid.. The kernels will appear to successfully install, but stuff will be not working right, after installing ch, even if removed.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!