Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to start a couple of apps automatically when I turn on my TouchPad?

I am thinking of two apps I use quite often that don't require their respective cards to be open, these are Neato! and Clipboard Expander. It would be great if these apps just opened and were ready for use!

Thanks

Paul.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by leobloom; 11/12/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    I don't have a touchpad, but on my Pre I use ModeSwitcher from sconix to do what you are looking for!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I don't have a touchpad, but on my Pre I use ModeSwitcher from sconix to do what you are looking for!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    ModeSwitcher doesn't seem to appear in the Touchpad list ...is there anything else to get an app to start at boot? I wanted to make "Clipboard for webOS" run always ...can it be done?
    Just curious why are folks closing apps they want open all the time? Or are you guys actually shutting off your TouchPads?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm working on an hd version of multiple app launcher. It will be available in the coming weeks

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Just curious why are folks closing apps they want open all the time? Or are you guys actually shutting off your TouchPads?
    you don't shut off your Touchpad? Must be a super TP you have!

Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post

We have a 32 gig and 16 gig, never get turned off. (one purchased in July, the other on firesale weekend from OnSale)

Maybe a restart once a week or so if something is being buggy (not counting restarts for installing patches, etc).

Most of the long time webOS users (and many other users) I know rarely if ever shut off their TouchPads. I don't think I have ever used the "Shutdown" option, only device restart on my TouchPad.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/01/2011 at 04:53 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    geekpeter likes this.

I never turn mine off unless something quirky is going on, which isn't often.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    I'm working on an hd version of multiple app launcher. It will be available in the coming weeks

... so.. in about 2 weeks.. ad infinitum? like on HP time?

I fully powered down my TouchPad for the second maybe 3rd time since August, today. I was leaving it in the car while I went to a concert.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

We have two TouchPads and neither of them has ever been shut off since purchasing in July, just the occasional reboot.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post

great !!
    Me too. A few reboots, (not all of the intentional) but never turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    We have two TouchPads and neither of them has ever been shut off since purchasing in July, just the occasional reboot.
    I'm pretty sure his reference to "shut off" means a reboot.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm pretty sure his reference to "shut off" means a reboot.
    How often are folks rebooting/restarting that they need apps to auto launch? How often are people restarting at all?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    I find leaving cards open kills the battery.
    Personally I wouldn't agree unless it is an app that has running processes. I have google calendar, 2 g-mail accounts set as arrive, facebook and project macaw notifications and wifi always on... no battery problems here.

Regardless of that.... the request is to have apps auto launched at boot, thus having them always on.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How often are folks rebooting/restarting that they need apps to auto launch? How often are people restarting at all?
    I need to reboot at least every two or three days. Facebook and newspaper apps just hang and a reboot fixes things. I have never just turned off the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I need to reboot at least every two or three days. Facebook and newspaper apps just hang and a reboot fixes things. I have never just turned off the Touchpad.
    I don't have to reboot that often, but that was why I was asking. Launching a couple apps you use all the time every few days isn't that bad to me.

I'm so used to closing apps on my phone I often close apps on the TP I should leave open (project macaw for example). With 6 apps in my launcher in portrait and just type it's easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Some have recommended daily restarts on the phones - Pre 3 for e.g. - for optimal operation. Preset Reset is one app that fills that need. Im uncertain whether it applies to the Touchpad as OS 3.x may be different resource wise.
    I reboot every few days. Most of the time its because of the kindle app.
    SchedMyPhone may fit your needs. This app opens apps when you set the schedule too. It works on my phone, and I know you can download it to the touchpad on preware. I have yet to try it as I had to send my touchpad to HP and only ended up getting a broken refurbish which I am again waiting for an exchange.

I personally don't like to leave apps up. I can simply load them as needed than swipe them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Some have recommended daily restarts on the phones - Pre 3 for e.g. - for optimal operation. Preset Reset is one app that fills that need. Im uncertain whether it applies to the Touchpad as OS 3.x may be different resource wise.
    I used preset areeset on my 1.x phone for a while, hated it cuz it left the screen on when it rebooted on TS.

as for my Pre3 unless its being overly buggy probably restart once a week... Sadly seems the Pre2 is the most stable 2.x device when you consider the whole package... Love my Pre3 though
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast