1.    #1  
    Hi

I've just tried to download a couple of app updates including the updated catalog and am getting the message "Not Enough Storage to Download". Now I have the 32GB version of the TP and it currently has, according to the "Device Info" 24.8 GB free. Can someone shed any light on this for me. As it is not just stopping me from downloading updates, I can download new apps either.

Thanks for your help in anticipation.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I got this message, and many others when my TP first updated itself to 3.0.4. It took a full erase and 3 trips to the doctor to get 3.0.2 back and working. 2 weeks ago 3.0.4 reinstalled itself again, but no problems this time. Only thing I haven't reinstalled is the uber kernal, since it seems quicker. I know there are a few other threads, but I'm going crazy trying to type this much with the screwed up spell correct.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response, when you perform a full erase it states that you will erase everything. Does the Webos doctor reinstall the apps etc from the online backup or just the info that tells the app catalogue that you had them and thus paid for them ie do I need to remember all the apps I had installed or will Webos Doctor remember for me?, and better still do the job as well?
    Your profile keeps track of the apps that you have currently installed, so when you doctor, it should restore all the apps that you had at the time you started the doctor. it does not redownload all of the apps you have purchased.

Strangely, if you add a second touchpad to your account, and tell it not to restore from backup, it still restores the list of apps that you had currently on the other one.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Your profile keeps track of the apps that you have currently installed, so when you doctor, it should restore all the apps that you had at the time you started the doctor. it does not redownload all of the apps you have purchased.

Strangely, if you add a second touchpad to your account, and tell it not to restore from backup, it still restores the list of apps that you had currently on the other one.
    HP tech help told me that the apps were in a different location than the backup. That was good for me since my backup was corrupted and I was still able to restore all the apps I bought.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    HP tech help told me that the apps were in a different location than the backup. That was good for me since my backup was corrupted and I was still able to restore all the apps I bought.
    Thanks Timboch, eblade and bluenote for your replies your help was most usefully. I ran the doctor and all is now well.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I get the same message whenever my 32GB TouchPad hits 16GB free.

A cold reboot will often clear it up, but it sometimes takes a few reboots.

It started happening for the first time after I downloaded the newest version of the App Catalog app and the newest version of UberKernal with 1.7Ghz overclock (OnDemandTcl 1728) am not sure if either of those caused the issue or if it is just a coincidence.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I have been getting this message on one of my TouchPads and this in spite of it having over 9GB of free space. Earlier a full restart of the TouchPad used to resolve the issue, but now rebooting also does not help.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I was clearing this up by deleting /var/luna/data/downloadhistory.db (found here on other threads), but even that has stopped working. Looks like I will need to doctor and lose Graphite.

Downloading Preware apps works just fine. :-(
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

I think a possible cause of the error is when the cryptofs is not expanded when an app begins installing. I've tried using mmipkg to get progress while installing packages, and hit upon the same problem because the steps that the package installer should perform is not done. Not sure how you would expand cryptofs, though.