Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41  
    Thanks sq5. I also thought so, just hoped that maybe there is as spark of an idea somewhere in thoose forums. Do you think there is no chance to repair my touchpad? Do you know if i can send it to hp, or by installing android I voided my warranty. Or perhaps i can send it and simply pay for the service. If not, how to know the exact physical component thats dead, maybe i can buy it, teardown my touchpad and replace it.

    Really don't know what to do.

    Anyway, thank you a lot for your posts!
    Please let me know if you have other suggestions...
  2. #42  
    Right now, I would definitely try again with HP for a warranty repair. Half the battle with calling tech support is usually getting a person who is helpfull. Just don't devulge having tinkered with android on it this time. Once they have it in hand, if they a problem with it at that point, the worst they would do is offer to repair it for a fee or just send it back.
  3. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #43  
    Just got permission to send mine back. I explained in 3 sentences what I'd done and the lady just said "Oh, you'd better send it in for repair then".

    No issues. Courier will collect it.

    Alan
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just got permission to send mine back. I explained in 3 sentences what I'd done and the lady just said "Oh, you'd better send it in for repair then".

    No issues. Courier will collect it.

    Alan
    Glad good to hear that!
  5. #45  
    Ok, i will definitely try to call them. I'll post after the results.
  6. #46  
    So, i called them again, but they apparently have stored all i told them the last time. So they know about the android thing , nothing i can do about that, luckly i spoked with someone nice, they told me that they would find out anyway and they would propose to me to repair it with a non warranty product fee.
    So basicaly i can send it anyway and they will repair it,there is a small problem, this fee is near the double of the touchpads price, so i think i'll pass. For the time being at least.

    SQ5, I want to try to repair it on my own, or at least to see if it will be more profitable for me.
    Is it the SandDisk SDIN4E2-32G that's broken, or it's another component. Do you know for sure what piece of hardware is causing this problem?
    If it is the SandDisk: Can i bye it somwhere? I tried but on the internet it's only for companies, in big lots, i need only one ...

    This are my ideas, tell me please what you think, if im not headed the wrong way?

    Regards
  7. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #47  
    So, UPS apparently picked up my device and delivered it to Hungary. In reality, the UPS driver didn't pick it up at all and delivered an empty box to Hungary.

    You couldn't make it up!

    HP were very good and have arranged for another delivery. Lets see what happens this time.

    Alan
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by artur90 View Post
    So, i called them again, but they apparently have stored all i told them the last time. So they know about the android thing , nothing i can do about that, luckly i spoked with someone nice, they told me that they would find out anyway and they would propose to me to repair it with a non warranty product fee.
    So basicaly i can send it anyway and they will repair it,there is a small problem, this fee is near the double of the touchpads price, so i think i'll pass. For the time being at least.

    SQ5, I want to try to repair it on my own, or at least to see if it will be more profitable for me.
    Is it the SandDisk SDIN4E2-32G that's broken, or it's another component. Do you know for sure what piece of hardware is causing this problem?
    If it is the SandDisk: Can i bye it somwhere? I tried but on the internet it's only for companies, in big lots, i need only one ...

    This are my ideas, tell me please what you think, if im not headed the wrong way?

    Regards
    The SDIN4E2-32G appears to be the actual flash chip, which could be at fault, but there could also be a separate flash controller that needs to be replaced instead. Most any of these parts are going to be available only in commercial bulk. A better (and easier) bet could be to find a touchpad on ebay that has a broken screen or something, and swap over the whole motherboard in one piece.

    I would also first suggest you go back through this thread and try all of the procedures I went through with Alan_SH, just to make sure you're really as stuck as you think. Before even doing that actually, see if you can do some simple things like take a picture, or save a file off the web, or install an app, and still have those things be there after a reboot.
    Last edited by sq5; 01/18/2012 at 08:00 AM.
  9. #49  
    Did you find a solution to this? I am having the EXACT same problem and have tried everything out there on the internet... nothing seems to work
  10. #50  
    Here is my solution (last post in this thread) hope this helps!
    TouchPad is flaky, need help!
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Here is my solution (last post in this thread) hope this helps!
    TouchPad is flaky, need help!
    I think these are different problems. Thanks anyway tho!
  12. #52  
    The problem at the beginning is different but the solution is the solution to the doctor freezing. The last post not the first; I fixed it myself.
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  13. #53  
    My problem appears to be a bit more complex

    Doctor doesn't freeze at 12%, but it does fail at 12%.

    I have dug a bit deeper and there definately appears to be an issue with the internal memory on the TP. I have ran through the steps to re-create the file system. When trying to remove the volume group "store" it looks like it has been removed... if i do a vgscan it shows that it still exists!

    It's almost like the flash drive is stuck in read-only mode. Any changes you make look like they have been made successfull, however if you reboot the device the changes revert back! e.g. if i copy a file to the TP and then reboot, the file will no longer be there. I cannot make any permenant writes to the device.
  14. #54  
    So, i created a case with HP about this today. Let's see if they care that Android is installed
  15. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ...alex View Post
    My problem appears to be a bit more complex

    Doctor doesn't freeze at 12%, but it does fail at 12%.

    I have dug a bit deeper and there definately appears to be an issue with the internal memory on the TP. I have ran through the steps to re-create the file system. When trying to remove the volume group "store" it looks like it has been removed... if i do a vgscan it shows that it still exists!

    It's almost like the flash drive is stuck in read-only mode. Any changes you make look like they have been made successfull, however if you reboot the device the changes revert back! e.g. if i copy a file to the TP and then reboot, the file will no longer be there. I cannot make any permenant writes to the device.
    It needs to go back and be fixed. That was my problem. The fixed TP (same serial number) is now happily running CM9/WebOS at 1.5ghz.

    Alan
  16. #56  
    Allan_sh is correct... If you go through the steps I went through with him on the first couple pages of this thread and still have no luck, you're most likely looking at the need for warranty repair service on the hardware like he did.
  17. #57  
    Sorry to dig up an old post but I have a similar problem but with a hitch. I can run the stock doctor without a problem. No errors or anything. However when I make a metadoctor to make an ext3 partition, the meta-doctor fails at 12 percent every time. On both Windows and Ubuntu.

    Edit: I have tried the other methods and they seem to work but they provide little to no feedback on completion and doctor still sticks.
    Last edited by carguy303; 05/03/2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Clarification
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions