Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just updated my app catalog to 5.0.2500.
    Anyone know what's new about it?
    Same here, would love to know if this is in preparation to the new and upcoming update. Pretty large download it seems, took a minute or so to DL.

**Update** Seems that the App catalog is a tad snappier. It has been super slow lately. Just a personal perspective.
    I don't notice any difference... I'm looking forward to the next webOS update though. :-)
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Don't see any diff on mine. Is this to prep for 3.0.5?

I am wondering if this is why no new apps were posted today.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    slight difference. You can now select a "touchpad" dropdown in the top right so it doesn't show phone apps.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    That drop down is from the last update.
    can't spot anything apart from the number. Even Pivot is still stuck with the sports issue preview.
    I wish we could sort reviews based on Most Helpful and Newest.

When developers don't post what's in the latest update, I dig to find the latest reviews where people typically list the new features. :-)
    Volcom45 and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutts View Post
    can't spot anything apart from the number. Even Pivot is still stuck with the sports issue preview.
    You still have the preview? The full issue has been out for a week or so.
    As discussed at http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...finally-4.html, the new Pivot isn't available yet for many users.
    still got the "sports issue coming soon" on mine as well
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    they change the background in app introduction back to white and the review column back to light blue,which is much better than the previous gray and white ones.
    looks MUCH faster. I can scroll to the bottom of the loaded list without any hitches, before it even has enough data loaded to display more. Nice. And it seems to load things lightning fast now. Oh, it doesn't show the number of reviews in the positive/negative columns anymore.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmm ... HP has removed the number of positive and negative reviews on the right pane when you choose to read the reviews . Seems more like a step back . Still looking for any improvements .
    Every time I click on the Free column, free apps load for a few seconds and then it goes back to the "recommended" app list.
    So far, still the same, except for the removal of the "number of positive and negative reviews on the right pane when you choose to read the reviews" as observed by veerar.
    Large download, but no faster for me on this end. In fact now I'm getting more spinning wheels than before and "The action could not be completed. Try again Later" & "This is not a valid HP webOS application" screens. Could be they are just updating the store at this time or something.

Lack of number of positive/negative reviews IS a step back. A step forward would be to list reviews in date order (and scroll bars, is that not feasible?), also indicate dates of when app was added to catalog, when last updated and latest review in the initial screen list of all apps, with option to sort accordingly. There are apps in there which have been left for dead (understandable), or upgraded by different ones.
    Last edited by gergev; 11/12/2011 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    Every time I click on the Free column, free apps load for a few seconds and then it goes back to the "recommended" app list.
    I had this problem, too, but it turned out I had picked up a piece of plastic that had staticed to the corner of my screen. When I removed that, it was normal.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    MercuryCrest and Vistaus like this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bonalaw View Post
    So far, still the same, except for the removal of the "number of positive and negative reviews on the right pane when you choose to read the reviews" as observed by veerar.
    plus (German App Catalog):
    • some apps show "null" in their description
    • sometimes it looks like the css in app's details (description etc.) is applied a little bit late, i.e. "Description" and "Reviews" is shown in a very large font which gets normal size after a few seconds
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    this null is also shown in the description for some new apps in the not today updated german pre2/3 app cat (2.0.23300). Namely Mr Wiener and D3 apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast