Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hmm ... HP has removed the number of positive and negative reviews on the right pane when you choose to read the reviews . Seems more like a step back . Still looking for any improvements .
    When I first read about this I agreed with you, it seemed like a step back. How could they remove such important information? Then I realized it isn't as bad as I thought, because the info is redundant. The top left stills shows a count of each rating, a bar showing a visual representation of the rating, and bubbles with the percentage of positive vs. negative that are sized accordingly.

My guess is they removed the count from the tabs to improve performance.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    The number of ratings usually is much bigger than the number of reviews. Removing the number of positive and negative reviews is clearly a step back. Now I always have to switch negative review list just for checking if there are any. In the previous version I only had to look at the number in the brackets.

I also don't think that this is a performance issue. If HP's app catalog implementation is properly done the number will be calculated on the server side and only the result is transferred.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Seems faster to me and as rlopin said the bar graph breaks it down by rating. To get positive just add just the 3-5 star ratings, negative add the 1 & 2 start ratings. Seems improved to me once you understand it.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    To get positive just add just the 3-5 star ratings, negative add the 1 & 2 start ratings. Seems improved to me once you understand it.
    I could do this since webOS 3.0.2 (the first I had), so I don't see any improvement. What I cannot do now (but could do before) is seeing at a glance whether someone has written a negative review or not. Why are so many mixing ratings with reviews? That's not the same. Reviews give much more information.
    Last edited by T-Pad; 11/12/2011 at 10:25 AM.
    I find the scrolling speed improvement well worth losing that. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, just my opinion. What I want to know at a glance is overall opinion. I admit don't see why HP would remove that info though.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    If removing this number is responsible for the improved scrolling speed than I really wonder what type of programmers HP has hired.
    I was holding two devices side by side one with the prior catalog ver and one with the new, and the "null" problem was happening on both sides, I think that's a server side prob. At least in the "Books" category.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12