Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    That would be pretty stupid considering they broke the ability to play some of the hottest accelerometer games they promote in their app catalog with 3.0.4. We know the devs have been playing with the RC for awhile now. I'm sure it'll end up in our hands..
    I do suggest they purchase a Pre3 (maybe cheap on eBay) and try out 3.0.5 or 3.0.x whatever to see if it works before sending it OTA after the last boot loop misery they caused...

yes, yes, I know this is the Touchpad thread ...just to make a point...
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/07/2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: yes
    You want them to test it first??!!!!

If the is a plan for another update, I'm betting the delay is due to the testing. And good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    You want them to test it first??!!!!

If the is a plan for another update, I'm betting the delay is due to the testing. And good.

No.. he want's HP to try to buy a Touchpad for themselves on Ebay first.. THEN test it!
    Maybe Meg can afford to borrow one from there.. using her old contacts and all?

I'm betting the 'delay' is due to depleted staff levels and Xmas and NYE and 3.0.4.. and.. and.. and.. Oh yes.. and No Touchpads Left!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/07/2012 at 11:39 AM.
    The auto-correct bug is driving me crazy! I get frustrated backing up to correct the auto-correct.:-{
    It was one of the first things I switched off …
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    rmeigs and darktoy like this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    The delay is due to Devs porting Cynagenmod 7.1 alpha 3.5 to their Touchpads and playing skyrim on their work pc's. They are waiting for ICS release now and will spend time on 3.0.5 if it sucks.
    spud101 and darktoy like this.
    not sure anyone noticed yet, but the screenshot on hp's webOS site seems to be 3.0.5....but it has yet to materialize on a TouchPad...just sayin'
    Oh, I do hope it is released soon! Having to restart the HPTP twice a day is an irritant!

Does anyone have any rumour?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildefalcon View Post
    Oh, I do hope it is released soon! Having to restart the HPTP twice a day is an irritant!

Does anyone have any rumour?
    If you are having to restart twice a day, that's not 3.0.4, you've got something else going on.

We run 2 TP's for DAYS without a restart.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    The delay is due to Devs porting Cynagenmod 7.1 alpha 3.5 to their Touchpads and playing skyrim on their work pc's. They are waiting for ICS release now and will spend time on 3.0.5 if it sucks.
    As far as I can tell we do not currently have any delays with software releases.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    obwielnls likes this.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you are having to restart twice a day, that's not 3.0.4, you've got something else going on.

When I ran 3.0.4 the sound would crap out about twice a day, each time
    requiring a restart. Went back to 3.0.2 and it's been fine (as it was before).
    The straw for me though was the broken accelerometer in various 3D games.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    As far as I can tell we do not currently have any delays with software releases.
    I think a lot of folks here figured HP might push out something to fix all the stuff
    they broke in 3.0.4 ahead of the "normal" release cycle instead
    of just letting it fester for a couple months, but apparently not.

ian
    I agree with Daemon - the audio would totally go all fuzzy and crackly. Gave me a fright the first few times as I thought the physical speaker hardware died, but it's fixed with a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    I agree with Daemon - the audio would totally go all fuzzy and crackly. Gave me a fright the first few times as I thought the physical speaker hardware died, but it's fixed with a restart.
    You don't even have to restart. Just close any app that would generate audio, and then hit the power button once to put the touchpad to sleep. Count to 10, and hit the button again. The sound will be as clean as wind-driven snow. I don't know why this works, but it does.
    darktoy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Uncalled-for, I'm sure you work hard and would not like strangers insinuating you play games all day...
    Dazo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Uncalled-for, I'm sure you work hard and would not like strangers insinuating you play games all day...
    Uncalled-for. I'm sure whatever sense of humor you have allows you to take this as a joke and just let it slide in case it isn't.
    trowany and Dazo like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

I don't care what it is, I just want it to stop.

But I'm fairly sure it's 3.0.4. I run TuneIn internet radio, then I run Kalemplayer, and the speakers sound as if they have been taken over by the Borg. The only fix I've found so far is a restart.

Nothing major wrong with the rest of the OS, in fact I think it's superb and am finding myself using gestures on my phone now!

I'll try the suggestions above and see if they help fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Uncalled-for. I'm sure whatever sense of humor you have allows you to take this as a joke and just let it slide in case it isn't.
    It would be much harder to make that type of a "joke" face-to-face to someone who is doing their best--probably wouldn't get much of a laugh, good thing the "joke" writer does not make his living as a stand-up (just was on the phone with a hard working member of the HP tech team yesterday).
    I'd be happy to wait another 2 months with the guarantee that all of the outstanding bugs is 3.0.4 would be fixed with said update.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    It would be much harder to make that type of a "joke" face-to-face to someone who is doing their best--probably wouldn't get much of a laugh, good thing the "joke" writer does not make his living as a stand-up (just was on the phone with a hard working member of the HP tech team yesterday).
    I am sorry life has been so difficult for you. Oh and since you ask me, if someone said the same thing to me what I said to them, I would take it as a joke.

Everyone works hard and everyone needs and takes a joke once in a while. Webos devs are no exception.

3.0.4 brought a lot of bugs and was a bad upgrade by them. Everyone gets poo poo for their mistakes so my beloved Webos devs are no exception right?
    trowany likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Why are you so offended for your friend/family member over this joke? Anyone still on these forums I would say is still a believer, even though technology and HP has moved on. They are just hanging on for their device to not be buggy. HP thru a series of events surrounding WebOS and the handling of other issues is already a tech industry joke. Face to face I would point out the many issues I have with my WebOs devices (empty trash missing, etc) then joke that at least I am still a proud WebOS user with all the ridicule that has earned me in this IOS/Andriod world.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildefalcon View Post
    I don't care what it is, I just want it to stop.

But I'm fairly sure it's 3.0.4. I run TuneIn internet radio, then I run Kalemplayer, and the speakers sound as if they have been taken over by the Borg. The only fix I've found so far is a restart.

Nothing major wrong with the rest of the OS, in fact I think it's superb and am finding myself using gestures on my phone now!

I'll try the suggestions above and see if they help fix the problem.
    You have to get Restart Pulse Audio or TouchVol which includes it as an option. Then you won't have to reset.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast