Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I heard that 3.0.5 contains a virus that will spread onto Android handsets via Bluetooth and install webOS on them.
    Thats odd, I heard it was the other way round and it will install Android on all webOS devices and trigger a chain reaction around the world to remove anything webOS related from the internet

and all webOS devices will then just dissappear and we will wake up like it was all a dream and all references to HP will be for the brown sauce they make here in the UK

Joking aside I hope 3.05 comes out soon so that we can all start on the 3.06 threads
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    According to my sources, The 3.0.5 update will push precisely at 12:00 am on 1/1/12. Meg Whitman is specifically going to be there at HP Headquarters to push the red 3.0.5 button to transmit the update to the prestigious HP Touchpad users at midnight EDT time. She will then make a celebratory speech through a link on the App Catalog to commence this new dawn in the future of Webos.

All the head of state of major G8 nations are invited for this event. Also invited is Frodo from the Shire, Aragorn from Gondor and Neo (a.k.a The One) from Zion.

Happy New Year guys
    That's insane... we all know Meg will be handing out vintage pez dispensers to everyone with a webOS device filled with aquavit 200 proof so we can all get hammered at the stroke of midnight ...thence the webOS bomb will go off and all devices will be bricked ...they ran a trial with this during the webOS 2.2.4 OTA for Pre3 which provoked the boot loop misery and it worked to their satisfaction ...can't wait for that !! Mugen batteries for the Pre3 price will plummet !!
    2 am PST, nothing shows up
    Quote Originally Posted by loseover4 View Post

Perhaps the post you are inspired by was a little 'tongue in cheek'?

Best to resort to 'sometime in the coming weeks' perhaps?
    HP is still 'HP', despite it's desperation to present a new public persona!

Something tells me they're going to shaft us with these bugs. Occupy HP anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Something tells me they're going to shaft us with these bugs. Occupy HP anyone?
    Ha.. I'd rather go to the beach I think.. but that WOULD have to be a Global Movement! HP is vast!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/01/2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Haha. I've been reading on here for awhile but just registered because of the occupy HP comment. that's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by loseover4 View Post
    I stayed up till just past midnight specifically for this update too

Nothing happened and it was all quiet round here so I went to bed after an uneventful evening
    shallemne likes this.
    Rumor has it the next update should be out before the end of 2012. Not sure if it's true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    Rumor has it the next update should be out before the end of 2012. Not sure if it's true!
    I'm guessing this is after the home brew community releases a custom version? Damnit HP!
    new year surprise ...hp decided to actualy try it out on a touchpad (they bought it used off ebay) and see if it bricks the device like the 2.2.4 did for the pre3 ...haha ...then they got to tell off everyone who called in2 their call center and tell them to call the UK for customer service even though the pre3 came in an HP box sealed with warranty papers ...back to pez dispensers, hp !!
    johncampanale likes this.
    woow! webos wikipedia page change content every day naw 3.0.5 is scheduled for 12.12.2012 ***?
    Remember anyone can edit wiki

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Remember anyone can edit wiki

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    And because of that, it's the most un-reliable source for any kind of information.
    Gee figured this would be out by now

--- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I am just happy with all the new apps being released!
    I'm not worried, the update will be here when the devs are ready to release it.

Meanwhile,......I guess I'll just walk the family pet and not thinking about it again.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...reElephant.png
    Not sure if we will be having an update due on 1/12/12, but one thing I do know: it will be all good.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    don't they skip the odd numbers for public release anyway? SO once we get it, it would be 3.0.6?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    don't they skip the odd numbers for public release anyway? SO once we get it, it would be 3.0.6?
    Yup.