Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    Sorry to be a noob but is it advisable to uninstall Preware patches before updating webOS?

Cheers!
    You should uninstall themes, but you don't have to uninstall patches. Your patches will either continue to work (if they affected files that did not get updated) or may be removed. Preware will remember that they were there and, as updated versions are released that support the new WebOS version, they will get installed automatically during the update.

It doesn't hurt to wait a few days after the update has been released to let your device get updated. That gives time for the patches to be updated before you need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    You should uninstall themes, but you don't have to uninstall patches. Your patches will either continue to work (if they affected files that did not get updated) or may be removed. Preware will remember that they were there and, as updated versions are released that support the new WebOS version, they will get installed automatically during the update.

It doesn't hurt to wait a few days after the update has been released to let your device get updated. That gives time for the patches to be updated before you need them.
    Thanks very much - appreciate you taking time to explain :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    Sorry to be a noob but is it advisable to uninstall Preware patches before updating webOS?

Cheers!
    It is also advisable to uninstall any keyboard layout mods, such as the arrow key patches. These patches make use of offsets that change every time webOS is updated. I am not sure what would happen if the patch was left installed.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Am I the only one having this problem? Occasionally my TP's sound sounds odd and almost cheap, like it's coming out of a tin can. All sounds are strangely muffled, and to fix it I need to preform a reboot. Does anybody else experiance this?
    A lot of people do:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

I concur with the earlier comment: a reboot fixes it. I hope that and the other 3.0.4 bugs (which didn't exist in the prior version) get fixed with 3.0.5.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    It is also advisable to uninstall any keyboard layout mods, such as the arrow key patches. These patches make use of offsets that change every time webOS is updated. I am not sure what would happen if the patch was left installed.
    I think I installed the qwertykeyboard with arrows that was not in your thread. I should have paid more attention which one I installed but the dueling threads screwed with my memory. I do know I used the ipk through wosqi method. Will your your uninstall ipk still work?
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    I think I installed the qwertykeyboard with arrows that was not in your thread. I should have paid more attention which one I installed but the dueling threads screwed with my memory. I do know I used the ipk through wosqi method. Will your your uninstall ipk still work?
    Yes. The ipk packages used by both isgar and myself make use of the original install script by Dimitri. That script creates a backup of your original layout. My uninstall script just reverts to that backup, so it should work for any kb layout made by anyone using the script from Dimitri.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Yes. The ipk packages used by both isgar and myself make use of the original install script by Dimitri. That script creates a backup of your original layout. My uninstall script just reverts to that backup, so it should work for any kb layout made by anyone using the script from Dimitri.
    Thank you for the clarification. I thought it was the case, but wasn't sure.
    Is there any talk about 3.0.5 fixing the wifi dropout issue? The messaging app for me became entirely unusable with the 3.0.4 update. Messages would not go through and it would tell me people were offline when they really weren't. I'm thinking the reason was the wifi was dropping out constantly, since I read other people had similar issues. I had to roll back to 3.0.2 since IMing people was one of the primary uses for the TP for me.
    sooo... Donde esta? Anyone have an eta? I figured after the homepage article it would really have been 'anytime now'. Have there been new release candidates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    sooo... Donde esta? Anyone have an eta? I figured after the homepage article it would really have been 'anytime now'. Have there been new release candidates?
    webOS devs are under NDA therefore they can't really tell you if there is a new build. Only HP knows the eta for 3.0.5, so doubt anyone here can give you an eta. Since you asked for eta, eta is 2 months from now.
    wow i guess we wont be getting the update after all til next year lol.
    It says canceled on the Wiki page, but I don't know if HP updates it themselves.
    i have an eta... "in the coming months (or 'weeks' if you prefer that measure)"

so there it is for you, straight from the lion's mouth
    according to Wikipedia 3.0.5 is cancelled! so, I think we should expect 3.0.6 or 3.1.0 version of WebOS soon!

WebOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No, it says 3.0.5 is coming in 2013!
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    This is why I rarely consult Wikipedia for facts.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    2013? hahahhahah llol
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    According to my sources, The 3.0.5 update will push precisely at 12:00 am on 1/1/12. Meg Whitman is specifically going to be there at HP Headquarters to push the red 3.0.5 button to transmit the update to the prestigious HP Touchpad users at midnight EDT time. She will then make a celebratory speech through a link on the App Catalog to commence this new dawn in the future of Webos.

All the head of state of major G8 nations are invited for this event. Also invited is Frodo from the Shire, Aragorn from Gondor and Neo (a.k.a The One) from Zion.

Happy New Year guys
    Mutoidi, Kas130771 and rmeigs like this.
    I heard that 3.0.5 contains a virus that will spread onto Android handsets via Bluetooth and install webOS on them.
    Kas130771 likes this.
    yes! when they open source WebOS its going to be like virus :-) it will be installed on most Android devices! Android its just a good OS for customize nothing more! WebOS rulez in speed and unique interface :-) cant wait for next update. I jus have good feeling about that update! :-)