Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    isn't it a little stupid to send out an OS update while the backup server isn't working in case of a disaster??
    Yes it would, so no worries of an update before they resolve that issue.
    Mutoidi and spud101 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    please bring back "empty trash" option for emails, please!
    It's available here as a patch for 3.0.4:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...sh-folder.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes it would, so no worries of an update before they resolve that issue.
    I like that :: 'Worried' about an HP Update!! Yeah, possibly justified!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I like that :: 'Worried' about an HP Update!! Yeah, possibly justified!
    Lol yeah we know from posts on here that some people are worried about the updates.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Lol yeah we know from posts on here that some people are worried about the updates.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre2 using Forums
    Mend 2 things & 'break' 3 others?
    anybody in the know know if this update is still inbound? Strange that it's apparently been in rc for almost a month now.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    anybody in the know know if this update is still inbound? Strange that it's apparently been in rc for almost a month now.
    considering the flawed execution of 3.0.4, I for one don't mind the extra time it is taking (assuming they are going over 3.0.5 with a fine-tooth-comb)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    considering the flawed execution of 3.0.4, I for one don't mind the extra time it is taking (assuming they are going over 3.0.5 with a fine-tooth-comb)
    exactly why i went back to 3.0.2 and disabled the updating. hopefully this next update will not break more things then it will fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    exactly why i went back to 3.0.2 and disabled the updating. hopefully this next update will not break more things then it will fix.
    I'm fairly certain that 3.0.5 fixes most issues. Just my 3 cents
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that 3.0.5 fixes most issues. Just my 3 cents
    i hope so, getting sick of losing my audio & having no auto-correct.
    I don't miss auto correct one bit. Yet, I am very much looking forward to the update for other reasons, mainly the sound issue.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    How is it that according to the video they did not fix 2 of the biggest issues? The sound and the accelerometer?

Pretty sure those were well known issues.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Am I the only one having this problem? Occasionally my TP's sound sounds odd and almost cheap, like it's coming out of a tin can. All sounds are strangely muffled, and to fix it I need to preform a reboot. Does anybody else experiance this?

I'd definitely like to see the 3.0.5 update fix some things, auto correct for one (but lately it's been working fine again for some reason...), the accelerometer issue (very inconvenient for playing games, when I tilt it to the left it barely seems to respond), and being able to play videos in any orientation would be nice.

Also, I don't know if this is unique to me, but when I disable flash in the stock browser I need to preform a full reboot before it starts working again when I switch it back on. Along with tabbed browsing, please fix this in the browser, HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Am I the only one having this problem? Occasionally my TP's sound sounds odd and almost cheap, like it's coming out of a tin can. All sounds are strangely muffled, and to fix it I need to preform a reboot. Does anybody else experiance this?
    This happens to me. When it happens, I do the reboot.
    Since I've decided to consider the TouchPad a Beta device it makes that behavior acceptable. For a fully baked device, it would not be... and I want to like my TouchPad.
    Please god let this come soon .... at least before xmas
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    GoodEReader reports that it's been released.

HP TouchPad WebOS updated to version 3.0.5 | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News

Can anybody confirm this? How is it? What patches aren't working?
    Just checked. No update yet.....
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    GoodEReader reports that it's been released.

HP TouchPad WebOS updated to version 3.0.5 | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News

Can anybody confirm this? How is it? What patches aren't working?
    The source of that report seems to be the precentral report that the 3.0.5 update is "right around the corner." He seems to have made a pretty big jump from there to say that it is currently out when there are no other reports to back that up.
    Sorry to be a noob but is it advisable to uninstall Preware patches before updating webOS?

Cheers!