Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for my Touchpad to be shipped right now. Are you guys telling me not to upgrade to 3.0.4 when it arrives? Do you know what version it comes with? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    3.0.4 does have significant performance improvements and some significant bugs. It's your choice.

Alan
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TabletNewb View Post
    I'm waiting for my Touchpad to be shipped right now. Are you guys telling me not to upgrade to 3.0.4 when it arrives? Do you know what version it comes with? Thanks.
    It will most likely come with 3.0.0 installed. Honestly I've personally had very few problems with 3.0.4 and for you not to update it would take some effort on your part. I say go ahead and let it happen if you don't like it find the 3.0.2 doctor and follow some of the guides already made up to stop the TP from self updating.
    Probably sent from HP Touchpad
    From what I have read at another site, 3.0.5 RC1 does not fix 3.0.4's accelerometer issue, but practically all native apps are upgraded to 3.0.5.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    All I'd like to see is a delineated list of what's been fixed, updated in 3.0.5

here's a video of 3.0.5 running
    In other words, Release Notes. While it is industry standard practice for software makers to provide release notes to upgrades, HP seems to only put out release notes for the SDK. These do include at least the high topics of the OS itself. You can see current (and probably future) release notes HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Will it not be 3.0.8 (you have to wait for) because the odd versions are the testing versions and the even versions are the release versions?
    I thought the odd versions were for the 3G tablets and the even versions were for the Wifi only tablets. I could be wrong though.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by drew0tonna View Post
    I just hope they put "empty trash" back in the email app. My deleted folder is HUGE!

I wrote a patch for that, as well as my issue with not being able to select snooze times on event reminders. Check my sig for links.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by TabletNewb View Post
    Odds are it will come with 3.0.4. I bought my third one about two weeks ago and it already had 3.0.4. There could be some old stock still being cleared out but I would be surprised if there is that many remaining.
    why WOULKDNT you upodate to 3.0.4???
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt15 View Post
    why WOULKDNT you upodate to 3.0.4???
    Why NOT!!

(Accelerometer & Audio issues maybe.. smooth for me otherwise!)

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/29/2011 at 05:56 PM.
    When is it released
    My biggest wish for 3.0.5 is the touch sensitivity fixed. Right now the 8 key on the pin pad as well as the B, Y, and Space keys on the keyboard are often VERY hard to get to accept a press, and quite often the web browser completely stops accepting link clicks. The screen is detecting the touch because I can select and copy text by touch, but the links just completely stop responding at all. That last part is especially prevalent while browsing these forums.

Unfortunately I don't think "there is a patch for that". I think these problems are going to be in the compiled code that we don't have access to. I have tried Buttah and the other similar patch (forget the name) but neither fix these problems for me.
    Patches from Maverickz:

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Why NOT!!

(Accelerometer & Audio issues maybe.. smooth for me otherwise!)

what are these problems? i cant tell the difference
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt15 View Post
    what are these problems? i cant tell the difference
    Try steering in Asphalt 6 or Ground Effect Pro XHD with accelerometer.
    Audio sometimes goes scratchy sounding even with unpatched 3.0.4.

ian
    I have this sinking feeling in my gut that we're going to be left out to dry with some of the issues in 3.0.4...
    The public dev forums have already confirmed that the accel should be fixed in the next update, and that it's related to the problem that causes apps that use the database stuff to sometimes go out to lunch and not come back until reboot.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    anyone know If they will add adobe flash 11.1 to 3.0.5?
    Flash updates are an app update, look in your software manager. Could be done without an OS update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to this update. Additional updates in the future would be welcome too.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Well the good: We know HP is still supporting Webos

The bad: How fast or frequent will future updates come?
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    please bring back "empty trash" option for emails, please!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast