Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    << waiting for official release
    I just hope they put "empty trash" back in the email app. My deleted folder is HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I was hoping for some enhancements. Cursor controls on the vkb, ability to change snooze time on the calendar reminders, browser tabs, editable bookmarks...something.
    For your calendar item, have you tried UberCalendar? I believe it will fix that, check it out in PreWare.

I highly recommend Advanced Browser, will give you tabbed browsing and many other features not found in the stock browser, well worth the couple bucks.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Thanks for the info!!!! Hopefully official release is close at hand.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I hope it fixes the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    what's wrong with your camera?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    what's wrong with your camera?
    It sucks....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Who was brave enough to try the leaked RC 3.05 version? I was debating on installing just cause I'm bored :P
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Who was brave enough to try the leaked RC 3.05 version? I was debating on installing just cause I'm bored :P
    where is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    where is it?
    It was only on a public site for a few hours for people to snag.. not sure who yanked it but most likely pressure from HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    It was only on a public site for a few hours for people to snag.. not sure who yanked it but most likely pressure from HP.
    The developer community reports these to HP often, who then take whatever legal means they need to in order to have them removed.

Whenever I see an unreleased SDK/Doctor, pirated app, or modified app being distributed without the original author's permission, I report it to the PreCentral Admin the moment I see it. In a vast majority of cases, they remove whatever links there were and will also report to HP if it's warranted.

If webOS users want the dev community to thrive as much as it can given webOS' current circumstances and for HP to remain open with its developers, I highly suggest everyone here at PC and elsewhere do the same.
    Last edited by independent1; 11/25/2011 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    The developer community reports these to HP often, who then take whatever legal means they need to in order to have them removed.

Whenever I see an unreleased SDK/Doctor, pirated app, or modified app being distributed without the original author's permission, I report it to the PreCentral Admin the moment I see it. In a vast majority of cases, they remove whatever links there were and will also report to HP if it's warranted.

If webOS users want the dev community to thrive as much as it can given webOS' current circumstances and for HP to remain open with its developers, I highly suggest everyone here at PC and elsewhere do the same.
    Don’t have to preach to me, I’ve bought a bunch of apps supporting this ecosystem and will continue to do so especially if HP fixes some of the bigger issues. Donated in here as well and am willing to donate more for any of my requests I had only stated a fact and asked the question if anyone had used it. It's not a pirated app it's a release candidate for a much needed update.. and honestly iMO HP should have a much bigger pool of people helping to identify and work out the bugs making the OS better. I'd bet money 75% of the people who are in this forum would be willing to run the release candidates and give good honest feedback giving a much broader view to help get this OS become more refined prior to any possible dismantling on the HP/palm software teams.
    Mutoidi and chalx like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post

there's a big difference between a pirated paid app and an Unreleased webOS update which is free when it comes out
    Wow - didn't think official updates would continue. If I'm using Preware patches does that mean I have to do a little housekeeping before updating? Perhaps I have to temporarily uninstall them? Sorry for noob question but I am one :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    there's a big difference between a pirated paid app and an Unreleased webOS update which is free when it comes out
    OK guys... let's put this to bed. There is NO such difference.
    Just because a company may choose not to charge users for a piece of software (be it an update, game, etc...) does not mean that by doing so they are also signing away all copyright and ownership rights of that software.

WebOS is owned by HP and whether it is a piece of software, a full OS, game, or an update (released or not) - it is their property and undistributed copies = illegal copies (just ask their lawyers).

P|C has never allowed posting of, or linking to sites that post and distribute illegal copies (warez) of software.

Let's please keep the thread on-topic Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/28/2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
    I have to admit I am very surprised HP didn't do an "oh crap" fix for everything they broke in 3.0.4 rather than just saying "oh well, we will fix it all in the next update" which is taking an awfully long time. Very disappointing.

Their reasons or excuses don't really matter. When you start to seriously consider backing up to 3.0.2 something is seriously wrong with their process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    I have to admit I am very surprised HP didn't do an "oh crap" fix for everything they broke in 3.0.4 rather than just saying "oh well, we will fix it all in the next update" which is taking an awfully long time. Very disappointing.

Their reasons or excuses don't really matter. When you start to seriously consider backing up to 3.0.2 something is seriously wrong with their process.
    HP are probably Cr*pping themselves with other 'issues' anyway!
    A few 100,000 TP owners can wait!
    I considered 3.0.2 also, but decided that the Browser Scrolling improvements alone, of 3.0.4.. outwieghed the other negatives for me, providing of course that a rectifying '3.0.5' is truly on it's way through the pipe to us!

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    All I'd like to see is a delineated list of what's been fixed, updated in 3.0.5

here's a video of 3.0.5 running
    Last edited by Heist; 11/29/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    ^^ That video shows a comparison between 3.0.4 and the 'release candidate' of 3.0.5 that was leaked out.

Reports from those who have tried that release candidate indicate that neither the sound nor accelerometer problems have been fixed in 3.0.5, so it looks like we'll have to wait for at least 3.0.6 to get back to where we were on 3.0.2 ...
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    ^^ That video shows a comparison between 3.0.4 and the 'release candidate' of 3.0.5 that was leaked out.

Reports from those who have tried that release candidate indicate that neither the sound nor accelerometer problems have been fixed in 3.0.5, so it looks like we'll have to wait for at least 3.0.6 to get back to where we were on 3.0.2 ...
    Will it not be 3.0.8 (you have to wait for) because the odd versions are the testing versions and the even versions are the release versions?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast