1.    #1  
    So adobe released the last version of Mobile Flash for Android, Blackberry today.
    Will the touch pad be getting this update?

Adobe releases final Flash Player version for Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, promises future updates -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    yeah what about Touchpad. Why are we always left out?
    someone should port it to the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    someone should port it to the touchpad
    I doubt anyone can port it to the touchpad. This is not open source, only adobe can publish something like this for touchpad. I am sure if we cry enough, they may release something for webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    So adobe released the last version of Mobile Flash for Android, Blackberry today.
    Will the touch pad be getting this update?

Adobe releases final Flash Player version for Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, promises future updates -- Engadget
    Are you serious?

Be glad you even have flash available on the touchpad. Adobe like every other developer don't give a rats rear about Touchpads.
  6.    #6  
    so I tweeted the Adobe product manager for flash, heres what he said

bradarkin Brad Arkin
    @peteostro HP ports the SDK we give them to bring Flash Player support to the Touchpad. I don't know what their future plans are for support
    where can we see what version of flash Is installed on the touchpad now?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    where can we see what version of flash Is installed on the touchpad now?
    everyone has 10.3 built in. Click on your software manager
    Current Versions

Touchpad: 10.3
    Android: 11
    Playbook: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    everyone has 10.3 built in. Click on your software manager
    thanks, I was looking in the wrong place (device info).

would be nice if we also get the final 11.1 update
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yeah it would.. I've already come across a couple sites that told me to upgrade to the current version of flash.

who knows, maybe it will with the 3.05 update
    yeah it would.. I've already come across a couple sites that told me to upgrade to the current version of flash.
    A lot of new Flash development nowadays is using Stage 3D, which is a new 2D/3D framework with enhanced acceleration through the GPU for mobile/desktop. It requires a minimum of Flash Player 11.
    tweet richard galvan, err beg richard galvan maybe if enough requests come through an update would be considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    so I tweeted the Adobe product manager for flash, heres what he said

bradarkin Brad Arkin
    @peteostro HP ports the SDK we give them to bring Flash Player support to the Touchpad. I don't know what their future plans are for support
    See the bolded text above, stumblinh. Adobe aren't the people to beg in this case; it's HP.
    Any word or rumors on if we will get the final version of flash on our touchpads?

Do you think will we have to wait for the open source of webos for someone to provide us an update?

who knows, maybe it will with the 3.05 update
    No such luck, after the 3.0.5 OTA update Software Mgr still says 10.3 & FOX won't let me watch TERRA NOVA & FRINGE reruns, says I need a newer flash player. - Catch22

BTW, it isn't just webOS that's at 10.3, gave my wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas & she's ticked because she can't watch HOUSE reruns. She is really ticked at Amazon!!
    Last edited by Verell; 01/14/2012 at 11:51 AM.
    I'd say there's a bit of hope as the whole thing is in HPs hands.
    Ive abandoned my TP but Im getting used to the Pre3. It would be cool to see a framework update across all supported devices.

Off to inquire...
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I'd say there's a bit of hope as the whole thing is in HPs hands.
    Ive abandoned my TP but Im getting used to the Pre3. It would be cool to see a framework update across all supported devices.

Off to inquire...
    maybe a question for the dev forums