Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I m a junky for toys and I bought a touchpad and also a Pre3, just background.

I would like to know if I can load linux on the touchpad that also has android CM7.1 loaded??
    I have searched everywhere and can not find this answer.
    I think that there is nothing wrong with doing it, but wondered if it would mess anything up. My goal is to get both running and be able to go back to WebOS.

Thanks
    Jon
    search CM7 andriod mod . I think that will get you what you need .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    P.S. Its still in alpha stages and I don't recommend it at all . But other are doing it with some small issues .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If you are asking about having android and webOS in a dualboot, then yes it's what Shadivis said.
    EDIT: even in alpha it's suprisingly stable (but ugly)
    But I don't understand your question. You want linux and android and webOS?
    Both (android and webOS) are linux based. So what is it you want.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I already have Webos and CM7.1 installed. I was wondering if it would hurt to also install ubuntu on the tablet as a third option.

Since ubuntu runs under a card there should not be a problem.

The real issue is the cm7.1 looks ugly becuase it is a phone OS that is stretched to the tablet, but I will want to upgrade to Ice Cream or honeycomb when that comes out. So I thought just leave it on there and install Ubuntu xfce and play with that and WebOS ( and I love webos) for now.

Thanks
    Jon
    Now it makes sense but since I don't have e.g. ubuntu, I can't answer your question.
    If you are using a 16G model, you mah dun into some issues with usable space. Over on xda there is someone working on an Ubuntu port.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by tnayrbj View Post
    I already have Webos and CM7.1 installed. I was wondering if it would hurt to also install ubuntu on the tablet as a third option.

Since ubuntu runs under a card there should not be a problem.

The real issue is the cm7.1 looks ugly becuase it is a phone OS that is stretched to the tablet, but I will want to upgrade to Ice Cream or honeycomb when that comes out. So I thought just leave it on there and install Ubuntu xfce and play with that and WebOS ( and I love webos) for now.

Thanks
    Jon
    Google search for "TouchPad chroot linux."