1.    #1  
    Not a perfect solution, but definitely not half bad for being free. Only works if you're using the touchpad to remote into your computer, not the other way around. I wish I knew about this in the days before splashtop.

http://join.me
    Last edited by mv4007; 11/11/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mv4007 View Post
    Not a perfect solution, but definitely not half bad for being free. Only works if you're using the touchpad to remote into your computer, not the other way around. I wish I knew about this in the days before splashtop.
    I don't think Splashtop is meant to be used that way, anyway.

Are you using the paid or free version, (I see you're using the free version )and can you explain a little more what it does/is for?

Funny how I loaded up their page, and it almost looks the same as my desktop picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sledge007; 11/11/2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I don't think Splashtop is meant to be used that way, anyway.

Are you using the paid or free version, (I see you're using the free version )and can you explain a little more what it does/is for?

Funny how I loaded up their page, and it almost looks the same as my desktop picture.
    Basically it allows you to log into a computer remotely. Very useful for doing tech support (which I often find myself doing both at work and for family/friends).

Right-clicking is not easy though, and you have to pull up the on-screen keyboard in windows since there's no way to pull up the touchpad's.
    I wish I knew about this in the days before splashtop.
    I misread this to mean that you wished you knew about this before buying splashtop - but I guess you're actually a happy splashtop user. You can't use join.me for the same purposes as splashtop and vice versa - different systems altogether. Personally I still use TeamViewer for occasions more like the purposes for which join.me is intended, and for when Splashtop won't show something that's full screen, etc.

(Bit of a convoluted post...!)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    I misread this to mean that you wished you knew about this before buying splashtop - but I guess you're actually a happy splashtop user. You can't use join.me for the same purposes as splashtop and vice versa - different systems altogether. Personally I still use TeamViewer for occasions more like the purposes for which join.me is intended, and for when Splashtop won't show something that's full screen, etc.

(Bit of a convoluted post...!)
    Yea, I'm definitely a happy splashtop user, and I agree it very much is for different purposes than join.me.

How are you using teamviewer on the touchpad? I love teamviewer (still trying to convince my company to get a corporate account...).
    Quote Originally Posted by mv4007 View Post
    Yea, I'm definitely a happy splashtop user, and I agree it very much is for different purposes than join.me.

How are you using teamviewer on the touchpad? I love teamviewer (still trying to convince my company to get a corporate account...).
    If you are using TV on TP, please spill it. We all want that and the company is not porting it.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it. Linux Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.)