Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Sonic77's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
       #1  
    Noticed when the battery gets low, the screen goes into a very low brightness power saving mode.

    The brightness is much lower than it's possible to set on the device?

    Anyway to force that mode in normal use, might be useful for reading in the dark.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer77 View Post
    Noticed when the battery gets low, the screen goes into a very low brightness power saving mode.

    The brightness is much lower than it's possible to set on the device?

    Anyway to force that mode in normal use, might be useful for reading in the dark.


    Yes, it's possible.

    THere's a patch for that called "Reduce Minimum Brightness" in Preware.

    Works perfectly!

    I know there's a thread here about it, but I'm too sleepy to look right now. (almost 11pm here)
  3. #3  
    Another way is to open up the Kindle app, open up a book, and in the top right corner there's a brightness setting. Just bump it up a bit, and move it back to the lowest setting. It will go down to that super low level.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Another way is to open up the Kindle app, open up a book, and in the top right corner there's a brightness setting. Just bump it up a bit, and move it back to the lowest setting. It will go down to that super low level.
    thanks for that tip! I don't have a Amazon acct , so I can't open Kindle app yet.
    (Amazon wouldn't let me use a foreign AmEx corporate card with a US address)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Yes, it's possible.

    THere's a patch for that called "Reduce Minimum Brightness" in Preware.

    Works perfectly!

    I know there's a thread here about it, but I'm too sleepy to look right now. (almost 11pm here)
    I have this patch, it works well but doesn't do the ultra-low brightness that happens when the battery gets very low (10%?).
  6. Sonic77's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
       #6  
    Thanks for the tips.

    Tried the Kindle trick works great!

Posting Permissions