Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Since yesterday after I had a lockup on my Touchpad, Luna keeps restarting. I did a doctor, and restored backup, and set it up again, and the same thing happened.

Anyone know how to find out what is crashing luna.

Decided to erase my backup's and try doctor again, and set it up as new to see what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    Anyone know how to find out what is crashing luna.
    You should find the answer in /var/log/messages.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Should have know that one, duh..!! :-). Thanks. If it happens again I will have a look what the hell is causing it.

At the moment I have a clean install, just added all my accounts back in, and syncing some music.

Set the loggin to minimal, installed preware, and uberkernel and govnah and the unthrottle patch. Will install the dropped packet patch aswell and then see if it's stable.

Its very strange as it's been running fine for months with no problems.
    That ... Also, go to /var/log/rdxd/ and download all tar files in it. It usually contain the minicore generated by the system; therefore, in it, you will find a more detailed information.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    That ... Also, go to /var/log/rdxd/ and download all tar files in it. It usually contain the minicore generated by the system; therefore, in it, you will find a more detailed information.

Regards,
    Is that realy true for a Luna restart?
    Is that realy true for a Luna restart?
    Yes.

That is how I analyzed the root cause for the Virtual Keyboard restarts in webOS 2.x.

Regards,
  7.    #7  
    Yes.

That is how I analyzed the root cause for the Virtual Keyboard restarts in webOS 2.x.

Regards,
    Ok I think luna crashed during the night. I had all my apps open when I left it on the touchstone and this morning they are all closed.

Looking at the /var/log/rxdx directory I see something created today. I have that file and the messages logs.

What should I be looking at to work out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Noticed this:

2011-11-15T06:57:39.752894Z [70051] webos-device kern.info kernel: [70051.854142] minicore_launch: CRASH! WebAppMgr(2271) received 6. Waiting up to 60s for minicore to attach.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dept27; 11/15/2011 at 07:15 AM.
    Ok I think luna crashed during the night. I had all my apps open when I left it on the touchstone and this morning they are all closed.

Looking at the /var/log/rxdx directory I see something created today. I have that file and the messages logs.

What should I be looking at to work out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Noticed this:

2011-11-15T06:57:39.752894Z [70051] webos-device kern.info kernel: [70051.854142] minicore_launch: CRASH! WebAppMgr(2271) received 6. Waiting up to 60s for minicore to attach.
    It is quite confusing. As far as I understand from the logs, there was some authentication problem regarding the Palm Profile. Then, I see the "first-use" is trying to be initialized; finally, I can see that there are some programs are being reinstalled.

Does anything ring any bells?

One thing for sure ... LunaSysMgr got the SIGABRT, which means that it terminated itself and not some other problem.

You can post these logs to Palm, they will help you much better as it seems that there is some problem with the Palm Profile Authentication process.
  9.    #9  
    It is quite confusing. As far as I understand from the logs, there was some authentication problem regarding the Palm Profile. Then, I see the "first-use" is trying to be initialized; finally, I can see that there are some programs are being reinstalled.

Does anything ring any bells?

One thing for sure ... LunaSysMgr got the SIGABRT, which means that it terminated itself and not some other problem.

You can post these logs to Palm, they will help you much better as it seems that there is some problem with the Palm Profile Authentication process.
    Very strange. I did read somewhere that webappmgr now tries to use the second core since 3.0.4. There are meant to be bug brought in by that, something to do with SQL if I remember rightly. Will diffinately post to palm.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    SIGABRT comes right after some appinstall stuff. I found one in my messages log from today that looks very similar. I don't recall installing anything today so maybe something that ran automatically? Weird. I have seen a few random reboots just in the last week. That never happened before. Someone recently posted that they were seeing this and suspected it was related to the urban backgrounds app in the hp app store. I had just loaded that a couple days before I saw the problem but have no idea if it's related. I removed it and all other from the same company but still seeing occasional seemingly random reboots.
  11.    #11  
    Don't think it's a particular app. Using google I found this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...?f=110&t=18878

This is happening for another app. The result is similar. WebAppMgr crashes. Luna restarts and then downloads apps from the app store.
    Just happened again. I looked back and this started, for me, on 11/10, never had this problem before that. Not sure if it's something I installed or what triggered it. Don't happen all that often but could be bad if it happened at the wrong time.
    Don't think it's a particular app. Using google I found this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...?f=110&t=18878

This is happening for another app. The result is similar. WebAppMgr crashes. Luna restarts and then downloads apps from the app store.
    That problem is because the LunaSysMgr is getting Segmentation Fault. I don't think they are the same problem. But, still Luna started installing bunch of applications later on.

Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Just happened again. I looked back and this started, for me, on 11/10, never had this problem before that. Not sure if it's something I installed or what triggered it. Don't happen all that often but could be bad if it happened at the wrong time.
    Can you check the minicore.txt and see if your Luna crashed becuase of signal 6 as the OP poster?
    Can you check the minicore.txt and see if your Luna crashed becuase of signal 6 as the OP poster?
    Yes it did.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Now that is weird as mine started on the same day. Had another one over night again. As long as it happens overnight not too worried.

Before I did the webosdoctor, I was having crashes while using the TP. I would even reboot and and open an app and it would crash.

Why does the first Crash say WebAppMgr. What does that do...????
    I've also had some Luna crashes recently. Strangely, while trying to access precentral through Communities. I checked /var/log/rdxd/ and found nothing...

The tenth sounds about right for when it started, but without logs, I can't be certain. I was wondering if it might have had something to do with my recent install of theme manager.

I'll check for a log next time it happens.

17.    #17  
    Well decided to do a clean install one more time to test. Deleted backup, full erase and doctor. 2 hours in and Luna restarts. Have not looked at the logs but I expect them to be the same. So its nothing to do with preware.

Hope they get this sorted out with 3.0.5.

18.    #18  
    Running stock 3.0.4 and have noticed Luna restarts specifically when I use communities. Wonder if that is the problem.

So not just me with the noticing the Communities thing. Any specific site for you? As stated before, I have been seeing it with Precentral only.

20.    #20  
    So not just me with the noticing the Communities thing. Any specific site for you? As stated before, I have been seeing it with Precentral only.

I had precentral running and then I opened up androidcentral. Happened yesterday but opened up proteomic while having precentral in the stack. Wonder if its a memory leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast