1.    #1  
    I bought the accidental coverage thank goodness. But I am still under warranty.

My speakers blew out and it makes scratchy noises. =(
    How long did your repair take? And for what? Please list them here for future reference.

-Posted with my HP Touchpad
    -Posted with my HP Touchpad 32GB.
    Whit bar through screen making it unresponsive. 14 days. I'm not even gonna send my others with cracks to them. F it.

sent from my thunderbolt
  3.    #3  
    *** i just powered off and back on.

now speaker isnt ripped anymore and everything is faster....

is this real life?
    -Posted with my HP Touchpad 32GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by MISC View Post

is this real life?
    Glad to hear it. I sent my tp in ( arrived DOA ) received it back 10 days later - still DOA. Sent it in again for 22 days. Had to call Corp. (Got a case and 3 mo. extended warranty) Its working great now.

is this real life?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

It's one of the larger bugs in 3.0.4.
    cracks near speakers, sent me a new TouchPad and return box 3 days after calling it in.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    cracks near speakers, sent me a new TouchPad and return box 3 days after calling it in.
    Cracks near speaker and it only took 7 days total from my sending it in to when I received it back. Much faster than I would have thought.
    Took HP an entire month to send me back my TouchPad. I sent it in because it kept rebooting every 2-5 minutes at first, then it wouldn't get past the HP logo when booting, then finally refused to even boot at all. I didn't even get a chance to use the TouchPad at all. I was pretty ****ed that they kept promising me every week that it would get back the same week.
    Mine wouldn't charge on the TS and took ~7 days to repair/return. My wife's had a long crack between the screen and outer case and that took the same time, maybe less (not sure if they returned the same unit or not).
    White TP 64 GB w/ cracks in case by the speakers
    Sent in 09/07
    Received repaired on 10/15

38 days
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    My problem: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3235547

I contacted Palm Support in the afternoon of Wednesday, 11/2/2011.
    Shipping box received in the morning of Thursday, 11/3/2011.
    Shipped unit to El Paso, TX in the afternoon of Thursday, 11/3/2011.
    Unit received at the repair facility in El Paso, TX in the morning of Monday, 11/7/2011.
    Received e-mail notice that the repair was completed in the afternoon of Wednesday, 11/9/2011.
    Unit picked up by UPS on Thursday, 11/10/2011.
    Factory Refurb replacement received at 9:30 AM on Friday, 11/11/11.

Use this link to check the status of a repair:
    https://support.palm.com/eservice_en...Check+SRO+Load
    I've had to deal with HP service for a laptop, and it's generally pretty awful for consumer products. They once gave me the option of sending it in for repair with 6 week turnaround, or they'd charge me for the replacement part it I'd fix it myself (and they'd reimburse me on return). Both are quite unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't need warranty service for the TouchPad. I wouldn't wish HP service on my worst enemies.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I bought the accidental coverage thank goodness. But I am still under warranty.

My speakers blew out and it makes scratchy noises. =(
    How long did your repair take? And for what? Please list them here for future reference.

-Posted with my HP Touchpad
    it took a week for my touchpad to be sent back to me with the same problem. i repaired it due to top left screen is loose. And they did not even fix the issue. I said fck it! Ill just sent it back when the screen comes off.
    after contact via oniine chat, received unit back within seven days, but it was not repaired. Recontacted them early 11/10 online chat. They phoned afternoon 11/10 said $59 charge for advanced replacement unit, I requested waiver, they agreed but $365 hold placed on credit card until original unit returned. I agreed. Email hour later saying unit should arrive in two - three business days. Checking https://support.palm.com/eservice_en...Check+SRO+Load just now says SRO does not exist.
    Had cracks near speaker. Contacted HP and there was a new TouchPad on my door the next morning along with a prepaid kit to send the other one back. They put a $365 hold on my credit card until the broken one was returned, which took 2-3 days.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I've had to deal with HP service for a laptop, and it's generally pretty awful for consumer products. They once gave me the option of sending it in for repair with [I]6 week turnaround, or they'd charge me for the replacement part it I'd fix it myself (and they'd reimburse me on return). Both are quite unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't need warranty service for the TouchPad. I wouldn't wish HP service on my worst enemies.
    Wow! I hate to defend HP, especially with them killing the TouchPad hardware, but their webOS Butler service and standard warranty service is awesome. Hopefully you won't need it, but I don't think you will have the problems you had with your laptop with your TouchPad. It's strange that one company can have vastly different support for different products.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by jlitz View Post
    after contact via oniine chat, received unit back within seven days, but it was not repaired. Recontacted them early 11/10 online chat. They phoned afternoon 11/10 said $59 charge for advanced replacement unit, I requested waiver, they agreed but $365 hold placed on credit card until original unit returned. I agreed. Email hour later saying unit should arrive in two - three business days. Checking https://support.palm.com/eservice_en...Check+SRO+Load just now says SRO does not exist.
    Received new replacement TP today took 6 days from contact and after receiving first unrepaired TP back. They were very prompt.