1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to make the smartoffice apps be the default mimetype/extension handler on the touchpad instead of quickoffice hd ones? I need to be able to get files I open direct off email to open in the smartoffice version by default.

Help appreciated. thx
    Not possible as launch parameters don't work for PDK apps
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not possible as launch parameters don't work for PDK apps
    I realize you are 'wise' when it comes to webos so forgive my ignorance.. but is that just the easy answer? It seems odd a patch couldn't allow the ability to change what app is the handler for a given extension, no different than any other OS. I figured someone in the community could maybe even come up with a 'fix'.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    I realize you are 'wise' when it comes to webos so forgive my ignorance.. but is that just the easy answer? It seems odd a patch couldn't allow the ability to change what app is the handler for a given extension, no different than any other OS. I figured someone in the community could maybe even come up with a 'fix'.
    you can set it as a handler, no problem, but as SmartOffice is PDK-based, there's no way for it to receive/understand land parameters.

For example, let's say you patch (or set via a script) SmartOffice to handle .doc files.

Then, you try to open a .doc attachment. What webOS will do is launch SmartOffice and send a special "target" parameter, which gives the full filepath of the .doc attachment file. However, since PDK apps don't see/recognize it, the only result will be SmartOffice opening to the front/main screen, as if you had just opened it from the launcher.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    you can set it as a handler, no problem, but as SmartOffice is PDK-based, there's no way for it to receive/understand land parameters.

For example, let's say you patch (or set via a script) SmartOffice to handle .doc files.

Then, you try to open a .doc attachment. What webOS will do is launch SmartOffice and send a special "target" parameter, which gives the full filepath of the .doc attachment file. However, since PDK apps don't see/recognize it, the only result will be SmartOffice opening to the front/main screen, as if you had just opened it from the launcher.
    What if smart office was active in a window (a prerequisite) would there be a way to request it to open the file on click and work at that point.. a auto/side loader option in sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    What if smart office was active in a window (a prerequisite) would there be a way to request it to open the file on click and work at that point.. a auto/side loader option in sense.
    that's what I'm trying to say, PDK apps can't handle the request to open. You can register the filetype to SmartOffice, so the system sends the request to it, but that doesn't change the fact SmartOffice won't be able to use the request

7.    #7  
    it's too bad.. The app would be so much more useful. Thanks for the reply.