1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I purchased a used 32 gb TP yesterday, and noticed that the one setting within device info that I cannot reset is the e-mail address on record for HP WebOs. (it is grayed out)

Not sure exactly what this e-mail does/means anyhow, but would like to get the previous owner's out and mine in.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!
    You need to reset the touchpad to factory.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KScotty View Post
    You need to reset the touchpad to factory.
    Thanks- suspected as much. The question is- any real reason to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by burghguy View Post
    I would start over and run webOS Doctor 3.04...

start fresh, with you own webOS account.
    Quote Originally Posted by burghguy View Post
    The reason would be to get rid of any possibly influencing things. Iím not deep enough in webOS as being able ro decribe, but I would want to start with a clean device.

And the e-mail address in Device Info should be replaced with yours, when you set up your own, new palm/hp webOS account. And there must be a way to port the also bought apps to that new account.

I suggest you read this ghread, as itís full of usefull info: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    Well you won't be able to use the account for anything, such as purchasing apps, without setting up your own account there...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If you dont reset it then the touchpad will be set to that original owners info and app purchases cant be made. Info stored in the touchpad like free apps or memos you make wont be restored if you reset the pad cause you wont have an account of your own to restore to.