Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    There was/is soon to be one less touchpad in the world?!

Just wondering if anybody elses browser decides to refresh when using information fields?

The main website in question is Auto Trader UK - Used cars for sale With the information selection fields, as soon as one is selected the page refreshes.

Also logging into websites/forums are an issue to, can log in fine, shows the "thanks for logging in" page then when it loads back to the main page I am no longer logged in. Ebay also doesn't want to log in all the time too.

Any cures to these god awful issues? It really takes away the userability and turns the **** stained browser from tool to use the web with to just a reading accesorie for the web.

Thanks for any help?
    sucks also when u click a link in hotmail. the next screen goes blank then i have to confirm always trust ssl and then relog in to hotmail then click the link. The web browser definitely sux,, i miss FIREFOX, wish firefox was on TP
    also the chat applet on facebook , when you zoom in on the facebook page, you end up losing chat applet that keeps moving off the screen. I reall hate this HP Touchpad Browser. also it takes awhile to load up some of the news ipk .
    It was driving me crazy earlier trying to log into Tennis TV. I was logged in to my account on the main page, but whenever I tried to switch to the live match it gave me the login screen again, then went back to the main page, and so on round and round the loop. I had to give up in the end and switch to my desktop.

Spyke
    Sorry to disagree, but I think the TP browser is quite usable, especially with the private browsing patch and " unthrottle download manager". It's not quite as functional as a desktop or laptop browser, but I have experienced much worse on mobile devices. Sure, I'd prefer Firefox. So that's what I use when I'm in Ubuntu on my TP.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    It has its issues. I think overall, it's the best mobile browser I've used. By that, I mean that it's the only one that mostly works like what a desktop browser works like.

I use opera on my android phone, and Dolphin browser on the Touchpad CM mod, but only use Dolphin browser when using tunein radio for android.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For perspective. If you want truly unusable: try using a BB OS 5 or older web browser.
    I find it pretty decent, could have some more feature but far enough for me.
    I too like the browser for the most part, yes it has some quirks but what doesn't.
    I am reasonably certain that the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch doesn't actually have any effect whatsoever. I've downloaded at 1MBit on my TouchPad without having that patch in.

The login problems on those sites are probably associated with bugs in those softwares. phpBB in certain configurations, just does not work very well. At all. On any browser.

What information are you putting into the AutoTrader site? It doesn't seem to do that to me, as far as refreshing goes, but I'm not sure where exactly you're having the problem.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I am reasonably certain that the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch doesn't actually have any effect whatsoever. I've downloaded at 1MBit on my TouchPad without having that patch in.

The login problems on those sites are probably associated with bugs in those softwares. phpBB in certain configurations, just does not work very well. At all. On any browser.

What information are you putting into the AutoTrader site? It doesn't seem to do that to me, as far as refreshing goes, but I'm not sure where exactly you're having the problem.
    1 Mbit/s is 1/8th of a Mbyte/s. :-) Kidding aside, I'm sure it can download faster.

I too have few problems with the browser. I'm using it now for this forum. Ebay works fine.
    IMO, TP browser not perfect, but I think it is still usable and I like it more then safari on iPad.
    perhaps those with specific web site problems should try the advanced browser from the app catalog?
    Advanced Browser is basically the stock webOS browser with a couple of utilities added. Wouldn't make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    For perspective. If you want truly unusable: try using a BB OS 5 or older web browser.
    That's telling someone to use Internet Explorer 6 as a comparison when they're having a problem with IE8. The latter is far better but still heavily flawed while the former is worth throwing a computer out the window over.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Advanced Browser is basically the stock webOS browser with a couple of utilities added. Wouldn't make a difference.
    ok, I'll take your word for it having never tried it. I had been under the impression that some sites worked better with it than the regular browser, but I could easily be mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by marquezr22 View Post
    I use opera on my android phone, and Dolphin browser on the Touchpad CM mod, but only use Dolphin browser when using tunein radio for android.
    I'm confused. Are you using the TuneIn app for Android, or using it through Dolphin? Because I have no idea why on Earth someone would pass up the best and most stable implementation of TuneIn on any mobile platform to use it through a mobile browser instead. Heck, I shelled out the $0.99 to get recording with the Pro version and the codec support in even the free version is freakin' great.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    ok, I'll take your word for it having never tried it. I had been under the impression that some sites worked better with it than the regular browser, but I could easily be mistaken.
    For now, on webOS, it is what it is.
    Last edited by vanadium; 11/11/2011 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I'm confused. Are you using the TuneIn app for Android, or using it through Dolphin? Because I have no idea why on Earth someone would pass up the best and most stable implementation of TuneIn on any mobile platform to use it through a mobile browser instead. Heck, I shelled out the $0.99 to get recording with the Pro version and the codec support in even the free version is freakin' great.
    Tunein app on android. The station that I listen to is not supported on the WebOS app or through the website on WebOS browser. Pretty much the only reason why I boot to Android. 95% of the time I'm on WebOS, mainly for the browser.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast